September 21, 2014

I know I was supposed to post some stuff from Stacy's birthday party, yesterday, but by the time Linda and I were able to stop and relax it was getting late, and we were both kinda tired. Anyway, I will do my best to give you a nice update. I'm also going to post a few pictures, so you can see all the people who were there. Actually, we received R.S.V.P. responses up until just a couple of hours before the party. Did that make it a little difficult to plan? Yep.

Anyway, at one point we had about 50 people in the house, with the majority of them being about 5 years old, and full of energy. Stacy was having a great time, and I think Jackie was also, though she was just amazed at how many people were there (I was too). Linda had put down that they party was to begin at 11:00, and right at 11:00 people started to show up. There were name tags, and that helped a bunch, and there were also neighborhood kids showing up, so name tags were even more important. I had to tell the neighborhood kids that it was a private party, and the jumpy house that we had was just for the party kids. I think they all understood, but it was still uncomfortable having to "chase" them away. I would have liked to been able to let them stay, but we had to set boundaries somewhere, and do our best to maintain some control.

I began cooking the hamburgers shortly after the party began, and actually was able to keep enough of them flowing to allow Linda to coordinate everyone getting fed. I think I took about 15 pictures, and Linda took the other 150 - 180. She always works the camera much better than I do at these events (see below). And when it came around to about 14:00 (2pm), when the party was scheduled to be over, just about everyone did. Actually, at about 13:30 (1:30pm) a number of the guests had already left, so it wasn't like a mass exodus right at the end. Unfortunately, Stacy was not able to open her gifts with all the people there, though I was still able to capture some of that activity with the camera


Considering how many people were there, we were surprised at how few duplicates Stacy received. Stacy was excited and surprised at each of the gifts, and we were very glad to see that, as well. Linda wrote down all the information for each of the gifts, so that Stacy will be able to send thank you's back out. And then the party was really over.

Linda's parents, Joe and Jess, came down and helped, and we were glad to have them, as well as David (our son) and his wife Miriam, and their two boys. This was definitely a family effort and I don't think we could have done it with out all the extra help. We also had help from one of the young ladies from the church. Linda had asked to have her come over, and she was happy to do so. They only thing that we needed to do after everyone was gone was to clean up. The jumpy house was picked up right at the end of the party, and David and I took care of most of the outside clean up. Inside it was a different story. Again, Linda was taking care of that, and fortunately there were plenty of people around to help with that as well.

Heck, even Jason came out for the party and stayed for a few hours, and he got involved with some of the activities - especially the pinata. Not that he got to hit it - Linda was the only adult to swing at it - just that he was there to help with "crowd control" as well as talking with a bunch of the parents. It was nice being able to get a chance to meet with the other parents of Stacy's class. Many of the kids are from military families, and this helps them, as much as it was a plus for Jason.

Now on to today, and what happened on Sunday. Well, both Linda and I got up early, and both of us knew it was going to be a busy day so we wanted to get some morning exercise in. After that she made pancakes for the girls and Jason. I didn't eat because I had plans for going in tomorrow to get a colonoscopy, and I wasn't to eat much in the morning, then nothing the rest of the day. As it turned out I must have had my days all twisted because a bit later I found out that the appointment isn't until the 30th. Anyway, shortly after finding out I could have something to eat I ate a nice lunch.

I also went off to help Anthony Netto, as he flew back in to the airport, and needed a ride to his truck, back over at the golf course. This really didn't take too long, as traffic wasn't too bad, and the course isn't too far away. Shortly after I got home Linda decided that she would be taking the girls to see the new Dolphin Tail 2 movie, and that it would provide me a chance to relax a little. I did get to relax and even saw part of the 49er football game (I kind of wished I hadn't). The rest of the day was just that, taking care of a bunch of little things and then the day was done. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. I think 50 kids was more than enough to handle.
    Glad you found out as soon as you did that you could eat!
    The Lord will be with you no matter what you're going through. Praying hard!
    Psalms 91:9-12 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

  2. Always praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014