September 15, 2014

One of those days where things just sort of go right, for the most part. We got up and dressed, and had a nice breakfast (I fixed some oatmeal). We got ready and then we headed over to the Ability Center, to see Jason's future truck and van. We got there (Linda, Jason and I) and Terry, the owner, was soon right there greeting us and asking us to come to the back, where they were working on the vehicles. The truck is awesome, and Jason got to sit behind the steering wheel, and he looked very pleased with being there (check out the pics below). After getting the required measurements and some initial adjustments, we went over to the van, and that one was just about as awesome as the truck. The truck is a crew cab, but due to the equipment that has been installed it will only be able to carry four people, or maybe three and Gracie, the dog. The van is a full sized Ford Econoline Passenger van, and will carry as many as seven as a time, so one is definitely for his personal use and the other is for family adventures. Linda and I were very happy to see how everything was coming along, and Terry said that both of them should be ready at about the same time - about a week.

The rest of  the day was relaxed and Linda was able to even squeeze in a nap. I got to play some games on the computer and just relax for a change, and about the only thing that I didn't do, that I felt a little guilty about, was to get out on a bike ride. I won't be riding tomorrow either as I will be taking Jason in for his laser treatment/procedure, and that is going to happen in the morning. We don't expect it to take much more than a few hours, from the time we get there until we get back home, so it should be a relatively easy time.

Tonight we had some pasta and a nice mushroom and meat sauce. It was pretty good but I have found that I am eating less, and it has become more voluntary, rather than forcing myself to eat less. I am doing all I can to drop some pounds, and so far it seems to be working. I've lost 15 lbs. so far, with at least another 15 to go. The bike riding is a big part of this, so that is why I want to ride all the time. Linda is also determined to loose the weight, and I'm not sure, but she may be ahead of me. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.







Comments

  1. They both look amazing! So glad that Jason's going to be able to get around soon and that he has two options!
    There is no better place of refuge than in the Lord's hands! Praying!
    Psalms 46:7, 10-11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.(10-11) Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and how cool to be so close to being able to drive! I always enjoy reading your updates and think of your family often. Will Jason have to take lessons to learn how to operate them?












    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018