September 24, 2014

Today was an excellent day, though it began a bit shaky. Typically I am the household alarm clock, and I'm usually awake no later than 06:30. This morning I woke at 03:00 and realized it was a bit too early to be up, and managed to get back to sleep; then I woke again at 06:00 (almost exactly) and thought to myself - "this is still a little early, so I'll just lay here for a minute or two" - I fell back asleep and woke again at 07:03. The room was all lit up by the sun light coming in and I immediately knew it was later than I wanted and grabbed my phone to check the time (that's why I knew it was 07:03). Anyway, I jumped up and also woke Linda. I told her we were late and needed to get moving right away. We had to get the girls going because it is a school day. Turned out that it was okay, and the girls got to school on time, looking as cute as ever. Linda and I work pretty well as a team getting them going and off - just like the old days when we were trying to get our own boys out the door.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed, compared to that first couple of hours of excitement. Jason had an appointment, and then the rest of the day off. Linda and I ended up working on some personal chores and then we both jumped into the garage and began going through some of our stuff. Actually we were looking for some things, and just kept getting more and more into the boxes. We ended up getting rid of a couple of boxes (big ones) and reorganizing parts. We found some things to donate and were able to consolidate other things.

 I wanted to let everyone know that everything else is pretty much back to where we were, yesterday, and we're not concerned about them coming to throw us out of the house. Jason still has to work it through the Marines, and that is going to be a pain in the posterior, so it isn't over, we're just in a better position now. Tomorrow is going to be a special day as Jason is going to be picking up his truck! At least that is the plan right now. If he does get to pick it up I will be sure to put in a couple of pictures for all to see. Thanks, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Hope Jason's had fun driving around in his truck today!
    You are in the Lord's Hands! Praying!
    Psalms 31:5, 7-8 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth (7-8) I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities; And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018