September 6, 2014

Today began with a quick bike ride for me, while everyone else was still getting up. Funny thing was that I didn't know there was a Tri-athalon competition going on, and the route I decided to go was on the bike portion of the event. I had to modify my ride a bit, but that was okay, it was nice seeing all these folks out on their bikes. I really didn't know what was going on, until I stopped and asked one of the officials along the route, what was going on. Anyway, I made a quick adjustment and turned the ride into a nice little 12 miler and was back at the house pretty quickly.

When I walked in Linda had gotten up with the girls and made them, and Jason some breakfast. Our next task was to get the girls ready for the Eagle Court of Honor that we were going to, later in the morning (11:00 start time). Everybody, including Jason, was ready and we took off for the church, where the event was being held. Still not much traffic on the road and we got there with 15 minutes to spare. We didn't know it until after it was announced, but Jason was one of the special guests they introduced to the audience - they introduced all of us, but Jason got the special intro.

The event was nice, and really not too long, and I've been to some where they went on for over two hours. There was a nice lunch afterward and we did get to socialize just a bit. The down side was that Jason's back started to act up and so we said our good-byes and headed back home. When we did get back home Jason was soon back in bed and soon he was asleep (he took some pain meds and they still can put him to sleep).

There was another event that we (Jason and I) were to go to, this evening, that we didn't get to. I called Bob, the man who invited us and let him know the status, and he was, as always, very understanding. It kind of goofed things up for dinner, as Linda had planned on a dinner for just her and the girls, so now there were two more mouths to feed. It all worked anyway, and we simply had a quite evening at home. I am hopeful that Jason will be able to come to church with us, tomorrow, but that remains to be seen. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Sorry Jason had to miss an event. Hope that happens less and less often!
    The Lord is on your side! Know that I'm here praying!
    Psalms 118:4-6 Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)