September 8, 2014

Today was another good day, with Jason's back not bothering him too much, and mentally ready for the VA visit, to their La Jolla VA Hospital. I found out recently that the La Jolla VA Hospital is rated as THE Best of the VA hospitals, and I guess we are fortunate to have that available to us. I know I have had a few challenges with them, so when we went there today I was a little apprehensive, to say the least.

When we did get there, about 20 minutes prior to the appointment, we were directed to the area Jason needed to be at (for those that don't know, the La Jolla Hospital is very large), and this was all done very efficiently and quickly. He notified the receptionist that he was there, and why, and within less than 15 minutes we were back with the Wound Care folks. We both thought we were going in to see someone else, but that was due to our own ignorance. Their naming structure is such that Ortho care and Prosthetic care, also means Wound Care. Anyway, we went in and met some very nice people who showed a high level of interest in working with Jason, and an eagerness of wanting to make sure he was comfortable. They seemed very competent and it was very easy discussing the different aspects of Jason's care with them. The Nurse Practitioner who was in charge of the area arranged for Jason to be seen by Prosthetic Care almost immediately, and that was again shown to be a good group of people who were most interested in helping to be sure Jason was comfortable. We will be working closely with them over these next several months, and we're both excited about complementing the work at Balboa (the Naval Hospital) with the work at La Jolla.

Jason and I were back home at just a little after noon, which was good since we were both hungry. We had not planned on being out as long as we were, but the time was well spent at La Jolla. There were a few other things to be done, and Jason wanted to get back down (lay down on the bed) as soon as he could, so the timing worked well. Over these past few days Jason hasn't been up anymore than he needs to be, and it is beginning to show with the wounds. There is some solid progress in how they are progressing, so we are again hopeful.

The rest of the evening was spent with the girls (they were both home before 15:00 (3pm)) and it was a continuation of the positive day. They were both filled with energy and quite happy with all they had to get done (Stacy is bringing home Home-work now), with a big part of that being time to be spent with Daddy, reading. As you can imagine, Linda and I are very supportive of this. I would guess tomorrow is going to be similar, though there are no medical appointments. I do have to take the van in to have the front end aligned, and with that I will combine it with a bike ride, again. I also have a bunch of work to get done for Stand UP And Play, so I will have a busy day again. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Glad the appointment went so well.
    Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 107:28-31 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven. Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014