September 19, 2014

Jason and I were up and out of the house by about 08:00 this morning and Linda stayed behind to get things ready for Stacy's 6th birthday party. Jason and I were on our way to the Holes For Heroes golf tournament. Funny thing is, neither of us has ever really played golf, so we were kind of walking in on the blind side. When we arrived we were greeted with the update that we were not on their roster, and our names had been removed from their play list. I found this interesting, since I had been trying to keep in touch with the planning folks, and letting them know our status, almost on a daily basis. I even called last night and let them know that we were going to be there, though we might not be able to play the entire 18 holes.

As it turned out, we were teamed up with a couple of other guys who came in late, and they needed partners. One was named Vince (the best player in our team) and the other was named Trevor (almost as good as Vince). Because it was a scramble and shot gun start we began on the 9th hole and went from there. Jason did pretty well, with the short game but was unable to drive the ball. Of course I wasn't able to drive the ball either, and I have no excuse other than to say I'm not coordinated enough. We had fun scooting around on the course and made it all the way to the 16th hole when we called it quits. Jason and I told our teammates we were heading back and wished them well. We got back to the club house and were greeted by a few folks, and then we left. There were some pictures taken, and I'll do my best to post a few tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow - Stacy's birthday party is tomorrow and we're expecting a bunch of kids to be showing up to help celebrate. Jason and I got home at about 12:40 and Linda pulled up just a few moments before we got into the house. She still had some running around to do, and the jump house was still on its way, so there was still plenty to get done. By the time we had everything done and were finally sitting down to dinner, it was almost 19:00 (7pm), and I was plumb tuckered out. The girls were very excited about the party and we were having fun with them, all night, and that was a major contributor to me being tired. Anyway, tomorrow should be fun and I am sure Linda will be taking a bunch of pictures. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Hope Stacy had a great birthday party!
    Know that I'm lifting up prayer!
    Psalms 91:1-2, 4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018