October 2, 2014

I got up this morning and decided I wanted to get out for a bike ride. We had a few things going on a little later in the morning, so that actually meant I could go for a little longer ride. Linda got up with me and jumped on the elliptical, so that means we're both burning some extra calories - and that's a good thing. Anyway, I got in over 22 miles, and made it to the top of Mission Gorge, again - it is quite a hill to get up. I figure that when I can finally do Mission Gorge without feeling like my legs are about to fall off, then I'll be ready for Torrey Pines. That hill is about twice Mission, so yes, for me it will be a significant challenge. 

Jason decided that it was a good day to get some shopping in. Well, initially we went over to the DMV (yeah, I know - a gluten for punishment) and found out that he could expect to receive his new plates (purple heart and disabled veteran) in about 2 months. Apparently they are, like everybody else, running a little behind. I have to admit it was pretty cool that Jason was able to just walk in and go to the front of the line, and there was quite a line going out the door. The guy behind the counter was very helpful and seemed honestly wanting to provide a good service (I wonder if he could go work for the VA... ;-)). 

After this adventure Jason wanted to get over to the Exchange and do a little shopping. He felt that he needed some new shorts, and just wanted to look around a bit. While we were there I found some shorts for me, too, and they were on sale! What they didn't have were some belt clips, for a backpack. The people at the exchange said that he should attempt to contact the manufacture, to be sure he was getting the correct clip, and that the clips were not sold separately, at least not in these stores. 

We came back to the house and Linda had gotten back from a dentist visit. She had gone up to Vista, to see our dentist and get her teeth cleaned. Kevin Salgado, DDS provides excellent service and that is very important to us. Anyway, once we were all back at the house it kind of slowed down a bit. We did end up having to pick up the girls from school, but they were only with us for about an hour. We always like to see the girls, so it was kind of a pleasure for us. 

Tonight, once we had some dinner, Linda and I went to a 10 year anniversary gathering, for the Wounded Warrior Project. We got to see a few people we hadn't see in a while, and that is always a good thing. We won a door prize, one of their camel back water bottles, and a thermal cup. I think that by the end of the event, just about everyone had won something, we just happened to be the first to get something. Once the event was over we came back to the house and Jason was doing just fine. He received a new video game (I think it is something to do with the Hobbit) and he was playing it. Linda and I still had some other things to take care of, and then came our relax time, just before going to bed. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014