October 26, 2014

Today was a pretty amazing day, and it wasn't because the Giants won their 3rd game of the World Series, though that was pretty good. It was because we got up in the morning and got the girls ready to go to church, after breakfast. I know that sounds pretty normal, but another thing was also going on, and that was Jason was getting ready to go off and have a lunch meeting with some friends. This was the first time for Jason to venture out, on his own and go to a "social" engagement without me or Linda tagging along. That is pretty amazing, in my eyes, and he had a good time.

He went out at a little before noon, which means Jason did not go to church with the rest of us. That's okay, as he was out socializing with some of his friends from when he was stationed in Okinawa. Linda and I, along with both Stacy and Jackie, got back to the house about 12:10, and Jason was gone. We fixed lunch for us and made ready for the girls to go take a short rest (actually they just sort of laid down in their room and rested, but I don't think they ever slept). Linda and I took care of a few other things and I even took a short nap. Jason got back to the house at about 14:20 (2:20 pm) or so, and he looked pretty good and was in high spirits. I think the opportunity to meet up with his friends was something he couldn't pass up, and the benefit was excellent. I hope there are other opportunities like this in the future.

The rest of the day was relaxed, though we did go to Costco - and it was packed. I thought that with the football games going it would have been slower in business, but it wasn't. We came back from Costco and put everything away and then shortly after that Linda made dinner, while I turned on the World Series. It was a good game and Madison Bumgarner was absolutely commanding with his pitching. The rest of the evening was pretty much as it always is, and we even managed to get the girls to bed right on time, with me reading a couple of stories (of their selection). About the last thing I did tonight was to help Jason with his shower, while Linda took care of some laundry. That was the end of the day, and we felt pretty good about it. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018