October 20, 2014

A relatively busy day for me, as Jason had to get into Balboa this morning for a procedure (laser), and before I could get that done, Linda and I had to get the girls to school. Actually, when I woke up this morning I fell victim to the morning being later for a sunrise. I woke up and thought it was earlier than it was. I intended to get up and head over to the gym to get a little bit of a workout in, since I had not been doing much lately. I got out of bed and headed over to the bathroom, and looked at the clock. It was already 06:35, and that meant we needed to get going anyway. So much for the morning work out.

We got the girls up and going, and after breakfast, off to school. Linda and I walked back to the house, and that was about the only real "alone" time that the two of us had. It was kind of nice just walking back together, though both of us were going about 90 mph in our heads. I needed to get Jason to Balboa by 08:30, and as it turned out we made it, in time... sort of. We got to the gate and that means we're subject to the same delays everybody else is. If there is a vehicle ahead of you, and the guard wants to talk with them, then you just have to wait. Unfortunately, for us, there were two such issues, and that in turn made us a little late. Fortunately, it was only a little late, and everything else went as needed and planned.

The procedure lasted for about an hour, and the doctors were very pleased with everything. Jason's left side is just about closed, and the right side is doing much better. With this treatment we are hopeful that the skin will be durable enough to take the pressure and the wounds will close for good. All of us will be very happy about that situation.

Jason and I got back home and then there was the need to go pick up Stacy, and an hour later to pick up Jackie. At about 15:00 (3pm) the new support person showed up at the house, and she seemed like she really wants to do a good job. The problem is that the company she works for did not bother to call us to tell us she was on her way. Again, we managed to get through this interrupt and both girls were home with enough time to get Stacy over to her doctor appointment. Tomorrow should be a bit easier, but I'll just have to wait and see. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. So glad the procedure went well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying so hard that this will help so much!
    Amazing words of comfort!
    Isaiah 43:1-3a But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel...


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014