October 27, 2014

Busy day today, and it was the kind of busy where you're moving all the time, but it doesn't feel like you're getting much done. We got the girls up and to school on time and then the day went a little crazy. First we had to get Jason's truck down to the Ability Center to get a warning light adjusted - it kept indicating the door was ajar, when it was completely closed, and it was on the side where Jason gets in. We had to drive two vehicles because we didn't know what was going to be happening, and it was good that we did because the truck spent the day there and is still there (we pick it up in the morning).

After dropping it off Jason wanted to get over to So Call Guns, and look at some of the equipment there, and normally that's just fine. Today, though, I had made plans to get up to Anthony Netto's and help him with his Quick Books, and to get some things in order. That meant Jason's visit to So Cal was cut short. I ended up taking Jason back home and Linda was getting ready to take off for her errands, and Jason was left at the house with Gracie. That's okay, though as he is getting around much better now and can take care of a few things on his own now.

While I was up at Anthony's and we were going over a bunch of business stuff, I received a call from Linda and she asked me where I was. It was about 13:25 when she called and asked if I had forgotten about taking Jason to his 14:00 (2 pm) appointment. It was still in my head that he had his truck and I didn't need to take him, and Linda reminded me the truck was  in the shop. Also, Stacy needed to be picked up at the same time. We decided that Linda was going to take Jason to his appointment and I would just have to get back down to Stacy's school as quickly as I could, though I ended up being about 20 minutes late (and by the way, Linda had just come back from her errands so she didn't get her lunch - so neither of us are eating).

As I said, I managed to get back and picked up Stacy, and about 30 minutes later I was back to pick up Jackie. Just a few minutes later Linda and Jason returned from his appointment. Now we needed to turn back around and get Stacy out to her appointment, and again, Jason was going to be left at the house, as for him to come back out with us would have been a very long day for him to be up in his chair. Linda and I took both Jackie and Stacy, and then after the appointment we went to Chili's for dinner. Jason had sent me a text letting me know that the freeways were reporting big accidents so it was probably better for us to get something to eat, rather than just sit in traffic.

We finally almost got back home and Jason asked us to stop and pick up some Taco Bell for him. By the time we walked into the house, I was pretty tired. The girls were tired too, until they saw their Frozen costumes for Halloween sitting on the couch. Once that happened they wanted to dress up and Stacy even did a performance for us, and sang Let It Go - she did a pretty good job of it, too. They're in bed now, and I'm thinking I'm going to be headed that way soon. Tomorrow should be a little less crazy, but we'll see. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. What a crazy day! Glad everything worked out!
    Life can be hard at times, but the victory is ours through Christ because of His death and resurrection! Put your trust in Him! Praying right now!
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that you're always in my prayers!
    Revelation 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018