January 1, 2015

Wow! That was the first time for me to use 2015 for an official indication of what the date is. Then again, I didn't write or record anything today, so I guess it stands to reason. Anyway, Happy New Year to all! I hope this coming year is a great one for all of you and that you find joy and happiness in all your endeavors.

We let the girls stay up until after mid-night last night (this morning?) and we all saw the new year in. It was a very small "party" but it was none-the-less, fun. Stacy told me this morning (late this morning) that she had fallen to sleep pretty quickly - imagine that. As it was, I was up at a little after 07:00 and decided to get up to go for a nice bike ride. Linda was still very much asleep and I wanted to let her sleep in; the rest of the house was quiet; so, I figured it would be a good time to go.

I went down stairs and into Jason's room, where he was watching some program on things that COULD go wrong, with the weather. Actually it was quite interesting and distracted me for about 15 minutes. I finally got out of the house by 08:15, and on the positive side, the temperature went up to 43 degrees. I did wear different gloves and my Livermore Cyclery jacket, so the temperature didn't bother me too much, except that my legs felt it. It is amazing how much energy the body uses to just stay warm, even while doing something like bike riding. I found myself feeling much better when I was riding in sun light, rather than shade. The ride was nice because there weren't many people out yet and the roads were pretty open - this also makes it much safer. I got in 23.25 miles, and felt that was a good start for the year. I told Linda that I would be tracking my rides this year, and hope I don't forget to write anything down.

I took the girls over to the school again, to let them ride their bikes. Stacy is doing very good and Jackie is coming along. My guess is that in another month they'll both be riding without training wheels and wanting to go for longer rides. I raised the saddle on both bikes and they were both happy with the results. It is so  much better when you can ride with a full leg stroke, and not loose energy to being cramped up.

There really wasn't much else done today, except for Linda heading out to some stores and getting some things taken care of. Jason did come out a couple of times, but is mostly focused on staying down to help with the healing. He is making very good progress and I told him that his next visit to the Wound Care, at Balboa should show that the right side is much smaller and the left side is just about closed completely. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014