January 9, 2015

Today started out with Linda and I getting up with specific thoughts in our heads, as to what we wanted to accomplish. Linda was going to be going out with Joselyn, to have some fun at consignment stores and go out to lunch, and I was going to go for a longer bike ride. My target was at least 30 miles, and I was able to get in 31.32 miles, and it was done in just over two hours (at 24 miles I stopped to eat some apples and drink some water, and it helped allot). Jason had his appointment with PT so we all had somewhere to go, and we all left the house in the morning. I think it was the first time for this to happen; that is, all of us leave and have different agendas. It was one of those "steps" where it seemed like we almost had a more normal life, at least for a little while.

As a result of my ride I discovered I will need to stop in at the bike shop tomorrow to correct a small problem with the front derail-er. It wasn't a big problem, just that it made hills a little more challenging, if they were steep and long. Linda came back with some items she found at an estate sale. Mostly little things that are needed at this house right now. Jason was the first one back at the house, and he just simply went back to his room, and relaxed. The good part is that later this evening, when he took his shower and I did the dressing change, things are looking pretty good. I still wish they'd heal faster, but then I am his dad and want him to be better, NOW.

The girls came to the house, after I picked them up from school. I picked Jackie up from preschool first and we walked over to meet Stacy. Stacy came running over to us and gave me a big hug. As we walked back to the house (we live really close to the school) she kind of transformed from happy and energetic to tired and not feeling well. Linda got home just a few minutes after we did and checked Stacy's temp and found it to be 101.8. She is sick.... We gave her some fever reducer and let her sleep a little, and Jackie wanted to show her support and laid down also, saying she was sick. They both got up a little later, Stacy first, and Jackie showed signs of not feeling well. Jackie's was 100, so she also got the fever reducer. They both went to bed quietly and I suspect that they will sleep pretty well, even with taking that mid afternoon nap.

We were supposed to be taking Stacy to her first soccer game tomorrow, but that isn't going to be happening now. Jason called the coach and let her know the situation. The other interesting aspect was that Linda's parents were supposed to be coming over tomorrow and now they are not. Not because the girls are sick, but because Nana (Linda's mother) is also not feeling well. Linda and I are constantly washing our hands because we don't want to get sick, too. We have a trip coming up in a few days (we're driving up to Livermore to visit with our other two sons, Sean and George - but more on that tomorrow) and getting sick would not be a good thing. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Know that I'm here praying! Adding prayers that you'll both stay healthy so you can take that trip. It must be such a huge blessing that Jason can take himself places now. My husband had rotator cuff surgery in mid November and I had to drive him everywhere for a while. Once he could drive himself it made things so much easier!
    Psalms 142:1-3a I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication. I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014