January 29, 2015

This morning I got up at about 05:45, so that I could ride my bike over to a breakfast meeting with one of the men's groups from the Point Loma Presbyterian Church. Funny part was that I was the second person to arrive (I was still pretty early), and the other person already there was also new to the group. Within a few minutes a larger group showed up and the meeting took place. It was very nice and I enjoyed the discussions that went on. They wanted to know more about Jason and exactly what had happened to him, and then also more about the family in general. I was glad I went and think I will go again - I rode my bike so that I could just go from there to the rest of my ride, and I did. The down part was that at about 15 miles I got a flat, and had to turn and walk the rest of the way back home. At that location I was only about 1 1/2 miles form the house, so it wasn't too bad.

I headed back to the house because I also knew that Linda and I had to go to Jackie's "Cowboy Days" celebration with her preschool. It was fun and the kids had a great time, though the teacher sure did have to work hard. Jason also attended the event and Jackie was happy to see us all there. She came and gave Jason a big hug when she saw us.

 After getting back to the house we all sat down and had our lunch, and relaxed a little. After the brief rest we went back to work again. The paramobile was still in the truck so I needed Jason to move the truck, in order for me to be able to get it out of the truck. It really didn't take that long to accomplish, and once that was done we, Jason and I, went down to the auto repair shop to get the truck tire fixed. The guy saw the tire and fixed it, and then told us that the hole in the tire was pretty big. He was able to plug it, then cautioned us on driving too long with that repair. Because of the size of the hole he said that the plug might not last very long. Jason decided to buy a new tire, and we'll pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Speaking of tomorrow ... Linda and I will again be headed back over to the girls' school, because it is Grandparents Day. We will be going for breakfast and then get to visit the class rooms as well as a presentation in the hall. Linda said we should be done by 11:00 so it will allow me to finish up on a few more chores I have here at the house. The rest of today was pretty quiet, and in the evening Linda and I went to see Selma, the movie. That was a very rough time for this country and thank God for Dr. Martin Luther King. He led the movement that was very uncomfortable, yet necessary. If you have the time and want to see a good movie, please go see it. On top of the quality of the movie and enjoying our date night, the tickets were super cheap - the theater has special prices on Tuesday and Thursday. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018