January 5, 2014

This morning began with Jackie jumping into bed with Grandma and Grandpa, at about 06:00 this morning. Personally, I would have rather she delayed her excitement for another half hour or so, but she didn't ask me. She was wanting to get things going so she could get back to school, as today was first day back from Christmas break. Now Stacy, on the other hand, wasn't all to eager to get up this morning, and we had to convince her that it was important for her to go back to school. Funny part is that once she was up and dressed she got almost as excited as Jackie was. We actually managed to get to their classes about 5 minutes earlier than usual, and I'm guessing it was because of Jackie's early start on the day.

Jason had a couple of things he wanted to get done this morning, with one of them being an appointment, so he was up and out of the house by about 09:30. When Linda and I returned from taking the girls to school we both decided to get some exercise in, and I went for a nice bike ride. I put on another 17 mile ride, only this time it was done in just a little bit over an hour. My Ridetracker said I was averaging 4:51 miles (whatever that calculates out to be - just a little over 12 mph), though there were a couple of stops along the way due to traffic. I was told about a function on the App that allows for auto-pause situations, so I will be going with that from now on, and seeing how much that improves my speed. The App was set up for runners, and I'm adapting it for the bike.

Not much else to report on, other than Linda and I decided to go for a late night walk and stopped by our mail box to pick up whatever happened to be there. We found that the mail box was full and my guess is that it hadn't been checked in a while. Anyway, we picked up a bunch of mail, including some Christmas cards, so we'll be gong through all our mail later. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018