January 20, 2015

We got the girls up this morning and they were both a bit slow in rising. Neither of them seemed too excited about going to school this morning, but once we got them moving it was much better. Linda and I have basically worked out a team effort in getting them up and moving in the morning. Basically Linda goes in and starts to get the girls moving, and I may go in to help initially. My focus is more on the food side of the equation. I make sure they have a breakfast before going off to school and to insure they have a lunch that is both delicious and nutritious (I learned that phrase from Linda) when she ran her day care. Anyway, the girls were out the door with time to get to the school and ready for their new day.

After we got back to the house Jason needed to get over to the VA, by Mission Valley, and I wanted to be with him at this particular appointment. I also wanted to get a bike ride in, so I decided to ride my bike over, and let him drive. There was also the factor that he would be heading over to La Jolla VA afterward, and I didn't need to go to that appointment, so by taking my bike I could just ride on home and it would work for both of us. The only glitch in that schedule was that Jason's appointments were actually about an hour later than he thought so he just ended up driving back to the house, and by the time I arrived he was getting ready to leave again.

Jason received a new power wheelchair today, and it is now sitting in the garage. I had to move a few things around to make room, and it also allowed me the ability to get rid of some things. Linda was also out in the garage for most of that time, and we worked together pretty well. The chair will be fully assembled this weekend, baring any issues. Brian Anderson will be coming by to put it together on Friday, and Billy Wagasy from Gary Sinise Foundation will also coming by. The chair was arranged through them and they would like to get some pictures of Jason with his chair. Speaking of chairs, and seating solutions ... while Jason was at the La Jolla VA he was able to meet with some of the specialists there and they have a possible new option for Jason, and it sounds rather promising. It may be a while before we see it, but at least they are working towards something to help Jason be more comfortable. My guess is that it will be a couple of months before anything happens, but maybe that is a good thing. Too many things, too fast can be very uncomfortable.

Stacy had a nice soccer practice this evening, and while we were there Jackie kept us entertained with all her running around. I eventually walked with her, Jackie, over to a new playground area that is attached to the park. When Stacy's practice was over she came over to join us and both the girls played on the equipment for a few minutes. We couldn't stay too long as dinner still needed to be cooked, and it was getting later in the evening.

Linda gave the girls a bath tonight, and I helped Jason with his shower. Jason's progress over these past several days has been very good. Effectively, he is down to just a single open wound on his right side, and that is much smaller than it was. It might be Spring before it is closed, but at least it feels like closure is a real possibility, and that hasn't been that way in a long time. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. You sure packed a lot into a day!
    No matter what happens, the Lord is our shield! Praying!
    Psalms 5:11-12 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014