September 26, 2015

We had a pretty good day today - especially considering all that we had on the task sheet. First we got up and made French Toast. I say, "We" because Linda basically put everything together and I did the cooking. A very nice, and unexpected aspect was that we had bought some of the "Texas Toast" to make the French toast, because it is so much thicker; and, when I was done cooking we were out of the bread and everyone had eaten all they wanted. I love it when there are very little left overs, and everybody is happy with a full tummy.

The next thing on the agenda was to take the girls to The Picture People, to take some up-to-date portraits of the girls. We had to drive over to Escondido, about 20 miles away and we really didn't have enough time to get there, for our appointment. We were supposed to be there at 11:15 and I think we got there about noon, or just a little before. The young woman working there, who greeted us, said it wouldn't be a problem and they would squeeze us in, and it shouldn't take too long. That probably would have been fine, if we hadn't had more to do, We ended up leaving right after Linda had set up another appointment. One of the interesting things that kind of bothered Linda and me, Was the fact that there seemed to be no record of Linda making the initial appointment, in the first place. As far as they were concerned, we weren't late at all, just a family wanting to get a picture taken. Linda was bothered, and I do recall her talking on the phone, making the appointment, so I don't understand why they had no record of it.

Well, we were headed back to the house, because Joselynn was coming over soon, and it would have been nice for us to be there. She arrived a few minutes before we did, and the reason she was there was because she wanted to help us put away as much of the garage as we could. The garage was full of things from the move, and that included two households. A little while, after we were working on getting things put away, Loretta also came over, with the idea that she would be able to help, too. With the girls now taking a nap, that kind of gave us a free hand in focusing on the garage. We continued working on it, until late in the evening, and it felt pretty good when we were done, for the day. We managed to get about 2/3 of one side of the garage put away, and there is now at least some room to move around in, and even Jason should be able to get around in his chair.

It was nice to have Joselynn and Loretta over to help, as they both work well with Linda and the two of them made short work of the tasks at hand. Loretta is spending the night, and she and Linda are going to be heading out together, in the morning for a Blue Star Mother event. I will be taking the girls to church, and Jason will be at the house with the dogs. Of course Jason needs to stay down now, so he won't be going anywhere. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. The Lord is truly holding your hand right now! Praying!
    Isaiah 41:10, 13 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (13) For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is there with you no matter what you have to face. Praying!
    Isaiah 43:1-3a But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018