September 13, 2015

No post yesterday, for multiple reasons. I suppose I could have said that it was due to network issues, and though we are being challenged by the network (or lack of sometimes), that wouldn't be accurate. The reasons for not posting yesterday were basically related to two things a) there wasn't much to put in the blog; and, b) I was really tired yesterday, by the time I would have been able to get to the computer I just wanted to get some sleep. Jason is doing well, and he did get a shower in, and both of those are good things. We also unpacked a couple of boxes and put away a few more things, but generally it was a laid back kind of day.Though we did get to meet a couple of our neighbors, as they were walking their dogs on the street, or just happened to be driving by. We are feeling welcomed here, and that is a very good thing. About the biggest bit of excitement, though was that Linda was able to attend her first Blue Star Mothers meeting as 1st Vice President of the North County San Diego Blue Star Mothers. Anyway, on to today, and all that happened today.

We got up this morning and decided to head over to the Grace Presbyterian Church, over in Vista. We had met Pastor Tom, through a friend (also named Tom), over a year ago, and come to find out that we now live pretty close to where he and his wife live. One of the more interesting aspects of our getting to know Tom, is that Tom also grew up in the SF Bay Area. The going to the Grace Presbyterian followed breakfast, and the girls were very excited to go to Sunday School, again. We had a good time and it was nice getting a chance to meet some different folks, away from the house and away from work.

We were back home a little after noon, and so immediately Linda and I went into feed the girls mode, and fixed some lunch for them and Jason. A little after that they were down for a nap and we just kicked back and relaxed. We are in the midst of planning Stacy's seventh birthday party, and this gave us a chance to work on that, without interruptions. There are still things to be done, but I think we have most everything done, except get the cake. I was also able to help Jason with his shower and did a full vac exchange, and considering how long it has been, since I did my last change out, I was surprised at how well it went.

Tonight we had chicken and mashed potatoes. It was nice to have potatoes again, since we haven't had them in a while. The girls played for a little while after dinner and it was my turn to clean up, so  Linda read them a story, and they went to bed. Now I have time to get the blog updated and a post to put out for others to read. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. The Lord is always with you! Lifting up prayer!
    Psalms 23:4-6 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)