September 29, 2015

Some times, things happen the same way, each day, that it makes it difficult to start the post on this blog. And, today was just another one of those days, except that we got up at 06:00 (I actually got up at 05:50) and started our day. Linda went to bed feeling like she had been drug through a ringer, with aches all over, and in the morning she still felt pretty much the same way. Fortunately, whatever it was giving her all the problems seems to have been beaten by her system and she is feeling more like her regular self again. I was concerned that she had caught a flue bug or something and I am VERY glad to see that she is better.

She still managed to get things going and had the girls off to school on time. I helped a little, but then I had to get to work, as we're working on a bit of a deadline. I think I was able to get a considerable step closer to meeting that deadline, so I feel pretty good about it. I knew going into the job and working again, it was going to be a challenge for us, and now it is really making it clear just how much of a challenge. I still very much want to go to Jason's appointments, so I can talk with the medical folks, though now it is almost impossible to do so. I'm glad that Linda has stepped up and is doing it, so that we still have an extra set of eyes and ears there.

Speaking of extra eyes and ears - I heard from the folks at Cal Poly and they are very excited to be moving forward with the project. I need to reach out to them tomorrow or Thursday, just to be sure they have no questions, or are short on any information. If they can come up with a solution for Jason we are going to be so happy. She has also taken on the task of interviewing potential new health aids, for Jason. Today was Joselynn's last day, so we need to get someone (or multiple someones) in to help out. Joselynn has been a very good support for us, and she will be a tough act to follow, for whom ever we bring in. We've spoken with four candidates so far, and we still have a couple more to talk to. The problem is that when we lived in Pt. Loma it was about a 25 minute drive for Joselynn. Now that we're up in Fallbrook, it is about an hour, and that is just a little more than she can deal with on a regular basis. The good thing is that we'll still see her every now and then, and that, in itself, will be good. Our relationship is more like a family than employer, as we've gotten to know Robert, her husband and all three of her sons, very well.

Jason is continuing to heal back from that tissue breakdown, and I look forward to hearing what they have to say at Wound Care. The wound-vac is off right now, not because it has done its job, but because I needed to change it out and there was one key component, and I didn't have it. I can still pack the wound and that helps, its just the wound-vac is so much better.

Tonight, Linda bathed the girls while I did Jason's dressing change, and afterward she normally brushes out their hair. Today she only did Jackie's hair, and (drum roll please) Stacy brushed out her own hair. This is the first time for her brushing out her own very long hair and doing it completely. Linda has been teaching her how to brush her hair the past several weeks. Stacy was so very proud of herself and, between you and me, I think Linda was pretty proud of Stacy, too. Once everyone was done with showers and baths Jason went in to say good night to them, and that made me feel good. I always like it when he goes in to them and says good night. It is one of those small steps that makes him feel a little more like a normal dad. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014