September 10, 2015

Wow! I feel like this is a special kind of post. I am entering into my blog and it isn't even 21:00 (9pm) yet. Of course, it still won't be posted until after Linda reads it and does her editing job, but still I think it is special that it is being written, early for a change. Actually, Linda doesn't read all of my posts, prior to them being posted, just most of them, over these past couple of years. I suppose most of you were able to tell when she had seen them and when she had not - that's why I asked her to check them out. I get going sometimes and use wrong words or missed words, and it makes it difficult to read, or make sense of it. Anyway, here goes.

I got up, right after Linda did. She had been thinking about Friday's activities and it made it more difficult to sleep. Tomorrow we are being filmed for a presentation and Linda wants the house to look better than brand new. She has been doing a great deal of extra cleaning and putting things away and though it has been making her tired, she has woken up these last couple of days, early. I had a few things to take care of this morning, too, so it was important for me to get up early, as well.

Jason has a wound-vac on his right side now, and last night it started to malfunction. I wanted to get with it first thing, and see if I could figure it out. Jason wanted me to do that as well, so I had a very cooperative patient to work with. It turned out to be a problem with the tape that provides some of the seal, where it had failed. We didn't have any spare/extra tape, so I couldn't fix it. I told Jason he was going to have to go back in, again, and that he would need to call in for an appointment. I had to get to work, so we left it at that.

By the time Jason was able to get in to see the folks at Wound Care, it was later in the day and I guess that is a good thing. I was able to sit through another tutorial on the wound-vac and they showed me how to take care of the tape, should it start to fail again. They also provided us with some extra tape, so we are covered, now. As it is, he won't have to go back to Wound Care until Wednesday of next week, and then he should be in much better shape. As it is, the wound is looking much better already and I'm feeling much better.

Joselynn came to help Linda work on the house, as the two of them took on the task of getting it ready for Friday. The place looks great and a few more things were put away. I expect that we'll have a great day tomorrow and then go into a wonderful weekend - as long as it starts to cool down, at least some. Thank you,  for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Glad you got it figured out so quickly and got it taken care of.
    Thankful to be able to pray for you!
    Psalms 86:15-16 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014