September 26, 2015

Today was pretty much like what a Friday is supposed to be. The anticipation of the weekend coming and everyone is in a good mood (almost everyone - I'm sure there are some grumpy types out there). We (Linda and I) were able to get up before 06:00 and there was no rush to get going. I enjoy laid back days, with some minor targets to go for, but basically a relaxed day that we can take care of things, as we can get to them...

Okay, enough of the day dreaming... We did get up this morning and it was prior to 06:00, and the first thing I did was to push the on button on the computer and then go wash my face and brush my teeth. There was to be a big meeting this morning, and the team was getting together to make sure we had everything ready. There were no urgent emails for me to address, so I was able to help Linda a little in getting the girls up and going, and making sure Jason had some breakfast. Because we did get up early, there really wasn't much of a rush to do things, though on the other hand, we did need to keep focused on getting the girls up and ready for school

While Linda took the girls to school I managed to finish getting breakfast for Jason and myself, and then start working. As most of you know, I am working on a project for the VA, through the company, LongView. Because the company does just about all of its business with the government, the pending "shut down" is of concern and the management team sent out a notice to all employees. It was to let us know what to expect, if there is a shut down. Basically what it means is that I'll end up with a number of days off, and also no pay. That would be kind of a bummer, but my gut feel is that the folks in Washington will be able to get things together and the shut down will be avoided.

Jason, Linda and I interviewed some potential health aid workers, that would be coming in to help with taking care of Jason's needs. We have another candidate still to talk to, and then we'll make a decision. Both of the women we spoke with today seemed like strong candidate, so the choice may be difficult, though I think that is a good challenge to have. Once they come on board it will be a major relief of some of the load that Linda has been carrying, and maybe even some of my load.  Besides, I think Jason kind of liked doing the interview. He seemed very animated and engaged.

Tonight Linda and I were able to have a date-night. We had a friend come over to stay with the girls and Jason. Lori was very happy to do so, and she has known Jason for a few years now. Linda thought it would be a good idea to go see a movie, and so we went in that direction. When we were close to the theater there was plenty of time to get something to eat, so we did that instead. Once we were sitting down I said that I'd be happy just sitting there and talking - we didn't need to go to a movie. Linda kinda liked that idea, so that's what we ended up doing. We decided to go back home and pop some popcorn and watch one of our own movies (not sure what we're going to watch, and honestly, whatever she chooses is fine with me). Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018