September 23, 2015

Today is Stacy's Birthday! She is now seven years old and loving life to the fullest! We got up today and both girls were ready to get going bright and early, and there was no problem in trying to get them up. The plan was for them to be up and go to school, and then after school their mother was to pick them up from school, to celebrate Stacy's birthday then bring them back to Jason at about 20:00 (8pm). The girls have been with us for more than 3 weeks now, and this seemed like a good chance for them to get together, at least for a little while. The only problem is, that isn't quite how it happened.

The girls got to school on time, and in their class rooms, and then their mother showed up and pulled them out of school. She decided that they would spend the morning and early afternoon together, and go to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate. After the "party" was over, they were brought back to Daddy's house and dropped off, at about 16:00 (4pm). The only thing missing from this was that there was no communication, to let us know that was what was going to happen. I had a doctor appointment to get my hand looked at (a problem with Trigger Finger), and Linda went with me... we left at about 14:30 (2:30pm) about an hour and a half before they arrived. Jason was comfortable with us going, as he was only going to be alone for a couple of hours, and if anything came up we had friends who would come right over. As it turned out, we needed the help of those friends.

Jason found out about the girls coming over about an hour or so, after we had left. Linda would not have gone with me, if we had known the girls were coming. As soon as Jason called Linda, to let her know what was happening, she jumped on the phone and called one of our new neighbors - Kelli. Kelli and her husband Bruce, came over immediately. Linda then called Loretta and she was able to come over a short time later. Loretta provided the coverage needed and even prepared dinner for Jason and the girls. Linda and I made it back to the house a little before 19:00 (7pm), with a big part of that due to traffic delays.

On top of all of this excitement, Linda and Jason went to Wound Care today and Jason took care of his wounds, late this morning. The good news is that the right side is looking better and they gave him a few extra supplies, when he came home. The other news is that he is still using a Wound Vac, and it looks like he will be needing to keep it on for another couple of weeks. This is unfortunate, as we were all hoping to go for a weekend in October, just to get a change. Now it looks like travel is going to remain limited to short/quick trips to the store, or trips for medical reasons.

We continue to deal with challenges, yet the overall attitude in the house is positive. Jason is doing well and we know that he will continue to mend. We just need to keep things in a positive light and God will help us get through this. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014