September 9, 2015

Funny thing happened yesterday, with out "Smart" devices. The guys came out to instruct us on all the particulars of the different things we will be dealing with and they even gave a couple of tutorials on Security, and how the in-home communications works. They also helped load up on some of the music we each like, and it was all well and good. Jason had them do a password change on the Wi-Fi, and shortly after that is when we ran into trouble. I hadn't even given it a second thought that with the password changing that we would be knocked off the network and have to get back on. The getting back on was the tough part...

Jason had fallen asleep, by the time we (Linda and I) wanted to go on line and read some email. I thought no big deal, I'd just jump back on and enter the new password. Now, you have to appreciate that I haven't had to deal with an operating system in about a decade, other than to simply have it running on my computer, and the occasional software down load. Now I needed to enter the network access code, and I couldn't figure out how to get to the right place. Jason was out and I didn't want to wake him, as I prefer that he get all the sleep he needs. Anyway, to make a short story long... That is basically why there was no blog last night. It came to me this morning, as I was playing with the system, and once I figured it out, it was like nothing ever had changed.

I still need to see what we can do to increase our band width, so that Linda, Jason and I can all work on out systems, at the same time. Right now, if two are on, and ANYTHING else is going on that might affect the network, you can plan on the bandwidth to be back to completely taken. We understand that there is a possibility of another provider being close, so we're going to be checking that out, and if it is true, then we'll all be much happier.

Speaking of being happier (what a nice segue) Jason went to Wound Care, at Balboa today and they put on a wound-vac, to help with the healing of his wound on the right side. When we started there was a measurement of the depth of one aspect of the wound ,and we found out that it is now only half that size, and is looking better. Obviously, there is still much to be done, but knowing that it is much smaller than it was before is something to be happy about.

The girls experienced their second day on the school bus today, and it was another "E-ticket" ride for the both of them (For those that don't know what an E-ticket ride is, go talk to your oldest friend and ask them). Linda and I picked them up, at their bus stop, close to the house, and except for it being VERY hot today (another triple digit day), it would have been a perfect trip for them. As it was, it was close to being perfect in their eyes.

Rob and Pauline came by tonight and visited for a short while, and we found out that they were getting ready to move themselves. We took advantage of this and offered them some empty boxes. They were happy to take them, and we were happy to have them taken. We were wondering what we were going to be doing with the cardboard; and, now we know.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another hot day, though it did look a little like rain tonight (we sure could use some rain). My guess is that we'll have another few days of hot weather and then it will start cooling off and work its way to the Fall weather conditions and maybe by the end of October it will actually feel a little like Fall. Thanks, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Continuing to lift up prayer!
    Psalms 86:5-7 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018