December 27, 2014

It has been a very exciting and different kind of day. We were invited to go view a private screening of the movie, Unbroken, by Trident Realty Group and Home Bridge Financial. Both organizations are led by veterans and have a special place in their hearts for other veterans. Jason and I met Mike Chiesl, of Trident, a couple of years ago, and the property where Jason's new home is being built was located by Tim Kirk, a member of Trident. Anyway, the theater was full and it was a very good movie. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys historical stories, and doesn't need to have lots of sci-fi special effects. The acting was excellent and the directing was much, much better than I expected. Angelina Jolie did an outstanding job, from my perspective.

We had a young woman, from church, come do the honor of watching the girls. As it turned out, it was good for the young woman, as she is headed back to college in about a week, and this was a chance to do something different.

We got home at about 14:30 (2:30pm) and the girls were asleep. This is probably a good thing as we had a couple of things to do, and time was needed to finish everything up. We could have gotten home a little sooner, but we wanted to drive by the property, where Jason's house is being built, to show George just where it is, and what the property looks like. We hadn't been there is several weeks, and one of the big changes was that the lot next to Jason's is being worked on right now, so we'll have neighbors, I think, when we move in. Well, actually there are some neighbors already, just this one is right next door and shares a property line.

Not much else happened tonight, except that I fixed a nice dinner of salmon and rice. We had pumpkin pie for dessert, and I usually don't eat dessert. Not sure what we'll be doing tomorrow, other than going to church, so I might just take a little time to get the girls out on their bikes. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a good day!
    True strength comes only from the Lord! Praying!
    2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018