December 30, 2014

We only have one more day left this year and in my humble opinion, it went way too fast. I remember last Christmas and thinking, wow a new year coming and now, here it is, nearly a year later and that year is just about gone. So much has come and gone and we've had some ups and downs, with ups being way ahead - - - fortunately. I probably won't be posting tomorrow, unless I happen to have some time that allows me to. We have already told the girls they can stay up until the end of the year (midnight) so I expect them to either be full of energy and excited or zonked out on the couch.

Today began with me heading over to the gym. My bike is in the shop so I have to do something else to burn those calories. This holiday season is no different from others, and I have struggled to avoid a bunch of extra calories. I dropped about 20 lbs. coming into Thanksgiving, and now, at the end of the year I have put about five of those back on. Come January, and a repaired bike, I should be able to get back into a routine and drop those five and hopefully a few more off quickly. Linda is the one who has been the real trooper, and has not only lost a bunch of weight, but has also managed to keep those pounds off. I am so proud of her.

Jason looks like he also dropped a few pounds and is looking healthier. His wounds are looking the best they have looked in a long time, and I am confident that he can get them fully closed over these next few months. There is still the challenge of finding him a seating solution that allows him to stay up in his chair, without putting undue pressure on those areas, and we have some very good folks working on just  that.

Tonight we went and saw The Hobbit, and really enjoyed it. They did a very good job of picking up just where they left off with the first part, last year. They also did a pretty good job of staying with the story, and I guess that's why it was made into a two-part series. We had a baby sitter come over to stay with the girls, and that worked out very well. Stacy and Jackie were already familiar with Caroline, so they felt they were getting a special treat and had no problems with all of us leaving them at the house.

Not sure what all is going to be going on tomorrow, since we're having a bit of rain here. I was hoping to get the girls out on their bikes, but that may not happen now. I'm sure there will be plenty of time for them to ride with the coming year, so we'll just take whatever happens. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018