December 31, 2014

Well, another morning without the bike, so I went over to the gym, again, to get some calorie burn in. To be honest about it, it was raining out so I don't think I would have gone out anyway. On top of the rain it was pretty cold, especially for this area. Only a few miles up the road (up I-5) they had some snow. It was on Camp Pendleton, and some of Jason's friends sent him a couple pictures, along with posting it on FB. Funny part is that while I was on the treadmill, listening to the weather channel, they said that 2014 will go down in the record books as the warmest year on record. Just struck me funny that they would say that, right after talking about the snow.

We made a few last preparations for this evening, and the girls even helped me clean the floors (they helped by staying in their room while I swept and mopped). I kept working on sections of the floor and then would let the girls come and inspect and they could play there, while I went on to the next section. I got it all done pretty quickly, and the girls thought it was fun.

Not much else was done today, except heading over to Costco to buy some gas and pick up a couple of things. While we were there I received a phone call from the bike shop and my bike was ready. When we were done at Costco we simply went over to the bike shop and picked up the bike. They put a new crank on and it really looks good, so I'm planning to take it out for a spin tomorrow. Yeah, it is supposed to be a little on the cool side again, but now precipitation, so I'll be okay. Later in the day I will be going out with the girls so they can ride their bikes a little more. I think it is a great way to start the new year.

We planned on having a simple New Year's evening with the girls and with that I just made some hamburgers for all of us, and we'll just waited for the ball to drop signifying a new year. The girls took a good nap today for the purpose of staying up to see the new year in, so we'll see how that goes. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive . . . And a Happy New Year to All!

Comments

  1. Whatever this new year brings, there's no better place of refuge than in the Lord's Almighty hands! Praying!
    Psalms 46:7, 10-11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.(10-11) Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even during the hardest trials of life the Lord is always there! Praying!
    Habakkuk 3:17-19 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)