December 6, 2014

I got up this morning, at about 06:30. It was a little on the early side, considering it is a weekend, but I wanted to get out and ride my bike, since I hadn't done so in several days. I put in 20+ miles and felt pretty good about it. When I made it back to the house Linda was also up and just beginning to get ready to head over to the C.A.R.E. Symposium at Balboa. Today was the last day of the event and we planned on going in later than the previous two days. Jason said he wanted to go in as well, since CMDR Laura Ledyard (ret. U.S. Navy) would be speaking.

Laura was our Care Coordinator when we first arrived at Balboa, and if there was anyone we could go to, to get things done, it was Laura. If you have been a regular reader of the blog you will know that she has been mentioned a few times in the past, in ways that she has helped us. Anyway, she was speaking today, along with a few other people we know from Balboa. Funny part is that they all used us, and especially Jason, as references in their various talks, to describe the best way to do things. At the end of the symposium there was another panel discussion, and Linda got involved, or maybe I should say, pulled in to the panel. Jason and I had left after the final speaker, so he could get back to the house and lay down, and Linda stayed. I don't think she intended to get that involved with the discussion, it was more like they pulled her in. People in the audience would ask questions that were almost directly related to Jason's and our story, so Linda was the best source of information.

Once we were all back at the house, and Jason was comfortable, Linda and I went to Costco to pick up a few things. How come, when you go to Costco to only pick up a few things, you still end up spending almost $200, before getting out of the door? There were all kinds of people there and it was pretty crowded... that is until you got up to the registers. Most of them were going, yet only had a few customers at each one. They were getting them out the door as fast as possible, and that made it a better experience, I guess.

The rest of the evening was relaxed. I made some baked potatoes for Jason and I, and we all just kicked back. Tomorrow Jason is hoping to be able to go shooting, and possibly get some tuning shoots in with his rifles (tuning shoots are how I describe the shoots he takes to get his sights set up correctly). He'll be going out with Anthony Netto. I would like to go, but I have a few things I want to get done at home. Thank you, for all the continued support. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018