December 22, 2014

The day started early for Linda and I, today. She got up to take care of some personal things and I was up so that I could get in an early and fast bike ride. It was only 15 miles, and I did it in just over an hour. It was probably one of the best I have had along the harbor, and that was because there were few pedestrians around. I was able to get up a nice cruse going and didn't have that many people to dodge and slow me down.

When I got back the girls were both up and having fun with Jason. Linda was in the kitchen getting their breakfast ready. I sat down to cool off a bit and then a short while later Linda took off for most of the day. She had a bunch of things she wanted to get done before George came for his visit tomorrow, so that we could spend the time with him. I also had a few things I needed to get done, and I also had promised to take the girls to the park. There is a small local park that they enjoy going to, and it is within walking distance of the house. When we arrived there was another gentleman there with his two grand sons. He and I sat on a bench and watched the kids running and playing. It was nice just sitting back and talking with him, while also monitoring the girls. We stayed for about an hour or so and then came back to the house.

Actually, about that time was now lunch, so I fixed a nice and easy lunch for the girls and after that they wanted to lay down and rest. This worked for me, as I needed to run over to the Wounded Warrior Project to pick up a Christmas dinner they were offering to the alumni, and we are a part of that. It looks pretty good, and we'll probably actually have it on Christmas, so that we don't have to do too much to prepare dinner.

The rest of the day was just getting the last couple of things done and taking care of some of the stuff around the house. Dinner tonight was fish sticks, and everybody was happy about that. After dinner we watched a couple of old Christmas movies, one with the girls before they went to bed, and then Linda and I watched another one after they went to bed. With the second one we fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up I said I think its time for bed. Thanks, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014