December 17, 2014

First a recap of yesterday - since I didn't post yesterday...

Monday ended with everyone getting to bed at a reasonable hour, and I had expectations of sleeping very soundly through the night. At about 01:10 I received a call from Jason, who was up with Stacy. She was having some very tough pains in her lower abdomen and we soon decided that we needed to get her to the ER, at Balboa.

We arrived there at about 01:40, and by 02:00 (I happened to look at a clock) a nurse was working with Stacy, in the ER. They diagnosed that it was severe constipation and after taking some X-rays decided that they were correct. I was worried it was an appendix problem, and I was very glad when I found out I was wrong. They also ran some cultures and found out that she had a urinary infection (UTI). Total time at the ER was just about 3 1/2 hours, and though it was now almost time to be getting up, I felt like it wasn't a long stay. We left with the antibiotics and went straight home.

Fortunately, Linda was able to get back to sleep with Jackie, at least for a couple of hours. I didn't wake either of them until it was time for Jackie to start getting ready for school (we decided Stacy should just stay home and rest). Since Linda also had an early appointment to get to I let her know I could take Jackie to school, and I would let them know what was going on with Stacy. We actually thought that for the most part, everything should settle down now. But it didn't - Stacy had an appointment with her doctor (it had already been scheduled previously), and it is important to know this, for the next issue. She was up a couple hours later and still complaining of stomach/ abdominal issues. Because of the rain, and the time of the appointment, it was decided that I would take Stacy to see her doctor, and let them know about the ER visit earlier in the day. When we arrived the exam led them to believe, again, it might be an appendix issue. In order to have the right tests Stacy was going to have to go to the ER at Rady Hospital, and so began our next ER visit on Tuesday.

This visit proved to be a bit more painful for Stacy, as they had to draw blood this time, and she really does hate needles, and tests were run. The final outcome was, again determined that she was very constipated and backed up, and needed an enema. Of course this took several hours to figure out and, in their defense, there were multiple labs to be done, and all these take time. Their first blood test was some how messed up and they had to come get more blood, which Stacy really didn't want to happen. Finally, everything done, the enema was given and a short while later Stacy was cleared and she felt much better, immediately. Stacy was back in her own bed at about 23:30 (11:30pm). Needless to say, we were both tired, and I was out.

This morning rolled around and at 05:20 I am up again, and I need to help Anthony get to the airport, to catch a flight. Not sure why I wake up like that, but when I know I need to be up at a certain hour I tend to wake up very close to the hour, without using an alarm clock. When I was done with that I was back in bed at about 06:10, and trying to get some rest when Jackie came up and wanted to get in bed with Grandma, where I also happened to be. She was very happy and full of energy so we got up and did our regular routine of getting her ready for school. Before we went to school Stacy came out and also stated she wanted to go to school - the Christmas show was set for tonight and she wanted to be a part of it. Jackie was ready to go so I took her and came back and then took Stacy.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed, and I even got in a short bike ride. This was quite nice considering that it was raining when I took Anthony to the airport. Jason had a couple of appointments, so he took off, with Gracie, and Linda and I stayed at home. We took care of a couple of little chores and things around the house, and then I took a little nap. While napping Linda was able to get out and do a little shopping.

The evening came and we all got ready to head over to the Christmas program, where both girls were going to be singing. It was a nice program and very enjoyable. It didn't take too long and it is always fun to sit back and watch the children stand up, so proud of themselves, and listen to them sign. Even better is watching the parents when their kids are singing as they all get up as close to the front as they can, so they can get that one better picture. For the most part they attempt to be courteous but some of them really don't seem to realize just how silly they look. It was a nice program and we were glad we went. The girls went out with their mother this time, and we came back to the house. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. So glad that it wasn't the appendix! It's just so frustrating when you don't know for sure what's going on. So thankful it was an "easy" fix!
    Continuing to pray!
    Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014