December 18, 2014

Getting the post out a little later than I usually do, and actually it is after midnight so it is now the 19th. We just got back from the movies, and I just wanted to be sure to get something out here for the blog.

Jason and I went to Balboa this morning and he had two appointments. His first appointment was with Wound Care and it was an early one - about 08:50 (usually we're going in at almost 11:00). They were very pleased with how both wound areas are looking and so am I. We will continue to minimize the amount of time he spends in his chair, and thus give it more opportunity to heal. After the Wound Care Jason had an appointment with the folks at Physical Therapy. I told Jason that I would be getting a hair cut while he was at that appointment, and I would meet him there.

As it turned out there was no waiting at the barber so I was in and out a little faster than usual, and that was a good thing. That gave me a chance to go over to the ASYMCA (Armed Services YMCA) and go say, "Hi!" to a couple of the folks there, and also wish them a Merry Christmas. I then walked over to where Jason was and he was getting close to being done. Jason also brought along Christmas cards and was handing them out to people, and while we were at Balboa (Linda and I need to finish up our cards tomorrow). Finally we went over to Bldg 26 and Jason had to take care of a couple things with the VA, and then we went back home.

The next thing was that I was needing to get up to Oceanside for a Caregiver meeting. Linda and I drove up and found out that the meeting, again, was cancelled. We weren't the only caregivers to be there and there were a number of the VA people a little embarrassed that we were there. It really wouldn't have bothered me so much except that the drive up was almost an hour, and now we had to turn around and go back home. I guess with all the stuff going on this week we needed a little extra rest so we just laid down to take a nap.

We got up from the nap and decided we wanted to go to a late showing of Exodus. We fixed dinner and cleaned up and then the three of us went to the 21:00 (9:00pm) showing of the movie. It was a pretty good movie, but the movie The Ten Commandments I felt was much better and told a better story. Besides, the newer one left a few things out that I felt were important. I'm not going to say what they were as you might want to go see it, and I don't want to spoil it for you. Bottom line it was a different slant on the story, and basically it was the same. We came back home after midnight and we're now getting ready to go to bed. We have to get up early tomorrow as we have a meeting about the house, and want to be on time, if we can. I'll go over this more tomorrow, or should I say later today. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018