December 13, 2014

Today was another of those days when things just go right. It began with Jason having to get ready to go to PT, at Balboa, and at the same time I took the SemperFi van back to the Wounded Warrior Battalion. The SemperFi van was great having, since we really did need it, just to get around, and now another family will be using it. We made sure it was clean and had a full tank of gas. I also spoke with Terry, from the Ability Center and found out that our Ford van should be ready tomorrow, and that they did find out what was going on with the shifter being stuck in park all the time. Apparently there was a blown fuse and when it was replaced, everything thing worked again. I know, it makes you wonder why it too so long to figure out it was a blown fuse, but I don't care at this point, I'm just glad that it should be back tomorrow. Because it was a  "should be" we still went ahead and took the loaner van... just in case.

Linda and I took the girls to school and then we had a bunch of other little things to get done. The one BIG thing we needed to get done was our trip to Costco, so when Jason and I got back from the morning appointments Linda and I went to Costco. We managed to only buy a couple of things that weren't on the list, and got out relatively inexpensively... One of the other things we did, while by the Costco was to go to Ikea (the two stores sit very close to each other). Neither of us had ever been in an Ikea, so it was a learning experience for both of us. To be honest, we were not impressed all that much. I did like that they offer an area to watch the children (you have to pay for it), and there is a food court like area, in the store. There were a couple of things that we thought were nice, but over all I would have to say it is kind of low on our list for places to shop.

The rest of the evening was relaxed, and Jason even fell asleep kind of early. Linda and I had a nice dinner (Jason ate later), and then we watched the movie, The Giver with Jeff Bridges, right after I finished my blog - which I'm doing right now. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Whatever lies ahead, the Lord is with you! Praying!
    Psalms 32:8, 10-11 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. (10-11) Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about. Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018