August 11, 2015

Apologies for the lack of a post yesterday, but I fell asleep at about the time I would normally be blogging, and when I woke I just simply got up and went to bed. Yesterday was a relatively calm day, as was today, and there really wasn't much to report. Today, however, there are a few updates, and I hope everyone enjoys them.

I'm still working to figure out when I can get my bike rides in, and I'm beginning to think that it might have to wait until after the move to the new house. Trying to get out on the bike in the afternoon is much more "friendly" up in the Fallbrook area, than it is here in Pt. Loma. It seems like after 10:30 it is constant commute level traffic and I just don't feel comfortable around all that traffic. Where as in Fallbrook, the early afternoon is still pretty lite, and I should be able to get around some and do a little exploring.

Yesterday Jason was out with the dogs and took them for a pretty good walk. The dogs were worn down pretty good, and I guess Jason got a little work out as well, as today he fell asleep and slept for a couple hours, which is a little more normal. While he was asleep today, we (Grandma, Grandpa, Stacy and Jackie, along with Joselyn) all walked down to Starbucks. Not that we all needed Starbucks, its just that it happens to be at a good turn-around point, and is close to half a mile away. Jason woke up at about the same time we got back.

Tonight is Tuesday night, and that means Taco-Tuesday! We all sat down and had a nice taco dinner, and right after Jason comes out and decides to cook up some buffalo meat for the dogs. He has done this a couple of times in the past and Kojak really likes it. Gracie, is much less enthusiastic about it. I think she has gotten used to her dog food and would rather just stick to what is familiar. Kojak is still puppy and eats just about anything, if it remotely smells good to him.

Before all this, though, I took the girls up to their pediatrician for an appointment Jason had made for their immunizations.  As it turned out Jackie needed a couple of boosters, and initially she wasn't too happy about it, then we hit the prize by getting a nurse who is really good at giving kids shots. She had both of them done before Jackie even realized she'd gotten two shots. She was a little tender, but NO TEARS! I was very happy about this, since I was going to be having to drive home with them. Shortly after getting home is when we went for the Starbucks walk.

The rest of the night was relaxed and the girls had their bath. Grandma (Linda) told them that it was the last bath they would be taking here, because when they come back they will be starting school, up in the Fallbrook area, and they will be taking their baths up there. We're all getting excited about the move, and packing continues. We've donated some of our furniture and household goods to our Church Rummage sale, and that was picked up today. It really wasn't that much, but the symbolic aspect was wonderful. In another 11 days I will be getting a large truck and, with some help, loading up what we have in storage to be taken up to the new home. These next few weeks are going to be very busy and exciting, to say the least. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Oh what comforting words! Praying as always!
    Lamentations 3:21-26 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014