August 13, 2015

I had a busy day at work today, and it felt pretty good to get to feel like I was really doing something again. The best part though was after work, when we all took off, to head up to Fallbrook. It was still early enough to get some things done, and then head on over to the house to see what was happening there - but I'm getting ahead of myself, I'll come back to the house in a moment.

Jason, Linda and I, along with Joselyn all went up to Fallbrook. Initially it was because Jason needed to make the final enrollment requirements to get the girls in the schools up there. As it turned out, it was a good thing we went, because we found out that Jackie was not being allowed to enroll in the school where we thought she was going to be going. The reason was that there was simply no space, and that the school was already over loaded. Now, it would have been nice if someone at the school, or within their district office had called Jason, rather than him finding out because he went up there. But that didn't happen. On the bright side, there was still time for him to enroll both girls - Jason didn't want them going to different schools, and frankly neither did we. The new school is a little farther away, so they'll simply have to leave the house a little sooner, but it is still in Fallbrook, and the school has a good rating.

While doing all this running around and getting into and out of the van multiple times, the dogs seemed to hold up pretty good. We did do our best to keep them hydrated, and despite the warm temperatures (felt like it was about 90+), they stayed pretty cool. They, the dogs, probably were wondering what was going on, because of the many short trips, though it only lasted for a short while.

Once that was done, we went over to the house and it is looking great! I really don't feel comfortable telling much about it, right now, as I don't want to spoil the dedication day. I can tell you that the house is set up for solid WiFi networking, and it has some other cool "gadgets," and Jason is going to be able to have a wonderful time, getting around in the house. I apologize if I haven't invited you personally, but if you are able to attend Jason's home dedication on August 21st, especially those who have been following my blog, your presence would be appreciated.  Once the dedication is done, and I have a bunch of new pictures, I'll put them up, and we can all share in what the place looks like.

The drive home was kind of tough, as there must have been an accident, or something, on the freeway, as traffic was really heavy and somewhat slow. It made for a long day for Joselyn and also for Jason, but it was worth it. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. At least you found out now when you could do something else. Is there another school that's close where she can go?
    He's holding your hand right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying!!!!!!!
    Psalms 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018