October 19, 2011

The crazy days seem to continue. I got up this morning and found that there was still now hot water, so I just took a cold shower (fast too) and headed over to see Jason. I got over to his room at about 07:30 and he was gone! I asked what was going on and the charge nurse told me that I had just missed him, and that he had been taken down to the PACU. Immediately I was concerned, since there was to be a video conference at about 10:30 and that didn't give much time for any issues that might come up. I then went back to the lodge and at about 08:45 I was over to the Fisher House to help Bridgette get the girls over to the day care center. It is a new center and we didn't know where it was, specifically, I only had a general idea. Turned out to be quite easy to find in building 62 so we were able to drop the girls off there, so we could got to the video conference (VC). Then I got a call from Jason, telling me he was back in his room, which was good because we needed to get him ready for the VC. I went straight up to his room while Bridgette parked the vehicle. She followed shortly after me and when we spoke with Jason he said nothing had been done, and he was to go back again after the VC.

Jason was feeling a little tender still and didn't want to go down in his chair, so Bridgette and I helped him get ready and then on to his prone cart. We still had about 10 minutes before we thought we needed to be there, so that was plenty of time. Kind of funny today, it seemed like a few new people noticed his prone cart today, and he kept getting asked if he wanted a motorized one, and he would tell them that he liked the cart he had. The conference went well, as we arrived right on schedule. They answered our questions and it felt pretty good to know that they are now expecting us to arrive there in less than two weeks. After the VC Jason headed back to his room and now we were waiting on Jason needing to go back to the PACU a second time today. The schedule has been all jumbled up. Bridgette said she needed to leave to take care of a small errand, and as timing goes, about 5 minutes after she left they came to take Jason back down to the PACU.

I asked him if he still wanted something from Burger King, because I had found where one was - at least I hoped I had. He said to get him something with a burger, cheese and bacon, so that was what I went shopping for. I attempted to take care of a couple other small tasks first, then went to BK, and picked up the burger. I thought I had used enough time but he wasn't back yet so I figured I would simply have to wait. That was okay because Denise Edwards had contacted me that she wanted to come out and visit with Jason, and she was at the hospital. She was waiting in the waiting room and we got to talk for almost another hour before Jason showed up. She wanted to let Jason know that there were other people out there, who were not famous or high ranking individuals, who wanted to tell Jason, "Thank you." She brought a couple of nice gifts for Jason, that had meaning to Marines, and both Jason and I thought they were exceptional. Denise was able to stay for about another 30 minutes, and talked with Jason about all kinds of stuff, then she needed to get going.

Jason and I had turkey dinners tonight, they were brought in by the Marine Casualty Affairs group, and it was very good and tasty. We were watching Animal Planet, so we talked about all the things that they were showing while we ate, and just relaxed. Bridgette brought the girls back over a short while after we finished eating, and spent the rest of the evening with Jason and I, until it was about 20:30 (8:30pm) when I needed to get going. Actually Bridgette said she was going to be leaving soon too, as she needed to get the girls back to bed, though she was still there when I left.

Today was another busy day, and because of the VC we were able to get some answers that we hadn't been able to do so earlier. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers, for Jason, his family, and all the Marines and other armed forces out there.


  1. Oh, what a cute picture!! Continuing prayers for smooth sailing now. Don't forget to breathe.

    Karen & Rob Weaver
    Livermore Friends

  2. Thought you'd leave the other photo up for a long time because of the important person in it...but you've put a picture of even more important people! Love it!
    So Jason had to have a cold BK burger?! If it isn't too far away maybe you could get him another one.
    In Chronological Bibles Job is the first book. The promise of the resurrection was given from the beginning! What comfort these words give! Praying!
    Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

  3. What a beautiful picture. You can see and feel the love. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Eileen Bitting
    Marine Mom

  4. Love the picture!!!!

    Roseanne Phillips
    Blue Star Mom, Danville, CA

  5. That is a super picture, such a great display of affection. I am so glad to hear that you are going to be in San Diego in a couple of weeks. Keep up the good healing. Peace, Bill Buchanan


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014