October 23, 2011

It has been a nice quiet day for Jason. I went over to see him early this morning and found him fast asleep. I just let him sleep, as I figured that he must have been tired, otherwise he wouldn't have been asleep (how's that for deductive reasoning). The nurse came in at about 08:30 and said the PACU had called for him, so they needed to get him ready to go down. Jason woke up a little and wanted to know when he was going to be able to get down to the PACU. I told him they just called for him and he said, "Oh, okay, good." Then went back to sleep. I told him I loved him and would be back to see him after he came back. He simply said, "I love you too" and squeezed my hand, and didn't even open his eyes... kind of cute actually.

He was back before 11:30 and he called me to let me know he was back. I asked him how he was doing and if he wanted me to bring him anything to eat. He asked for an Arby's sandwich, so that's what I went and picked up. I got a small one for me too. We ate our sandwiches and then I asked him if he wanted to get out in his chair today, and he said he did. About that time the nurse came in and I asked her about Jason's schedule of I.V. meds. He needed to get an antibiotic that needed to run for two hours, so we would be delayed getting out at least until then. That was okay, we just relaxed and watched some football. The 49re weren't playing so we just watched for the entertainment of the game.

Bridgette, the girls and Yvonne came in a short while after the I.V. was going, and were able to stay for about an hour for a visit. Stacy was eating some McDonald's chicken nuggets and Jackie was just as happy as could be. Jason's girls are a couple of the cutest little girls you'll ever see and they are always happy. Of course I might be a little biased in their favor, but hey, I'm Grandpa... ;-) When they started to show signs of needing a nap Bridgette said she would take them back to the Fisher House (FH)

After the I.V. finished Jason was able to get into his chair, and there was only a minor issue with discomfort, and he was able to deal with it. We first went down to the Red Box and picked up a couple movies - Jason wants to watch them tonight - and then we went down to the basement and to the galley. We picked up our dinners and then sat down in the dinning room and we ate our meals there. It would have been better if there were more people around, so I could have gotten a picture or two taken. The place was almost empty.

We went back up to the room and there was another game on - Green Bay/Minnesota - and again, it was only entertainment for us. We really didn't care who won the game. I had been kind of busy most of the day and by 19:00 (7pm) I was ready to come back to the Lodge and try to catch up on my email, phone calls and get the blog updated. Besides Jason wanted to start watching his movies so I wanted to give him the time. I came back and now I'm almost done with this entry.

Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers.


  1. Sounds like a nice weekend!! So terrific he gets to see his little girls :-) while they are still little!! How great for his little girls to have their daddy, what a blessing for them. Hope next week is a good one with healing, discomfort, and family. Keep us posted, George.

    Go 49ers!

    Karen & Rob Weaver
    Livermore Friends

  2. Sorry I missed last night...was at urgent care with my youngest daughter. 3rd time she's dislocated her jaw...by yawning! This time no pain meds or anything just told them to pop it back in. Took a lot of work but they did it and she was good to go out with her friends.
    Always keep your eyes on the Lord! Praying!
    Psalms 121:1-2 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

  4. Dear George,

    I know you don't remember me, you've had so many visitors for Jason in the past months, but my husband Curtis and I stopped in to visit while we were at Bethesda in June. I had dropped off the Marine Parent business card holders and a MarineParent challenge coin. I love reading thru your blog, thank you so much for keeping us posted on Jason's progress!
    We are out here in San Diego, we do a weekly dinner at Balboa in Bldg 26. One of my Angels in Bethesda whispered in my ear that you are going to be heading out this way shortly. Just want you to know we are anticipating your arrival, will be here for anything Jason or your family needs, we are so looking forward to having you guys out here! If you have any questions, my number is 7604459183, don't hesitate to call me! My email is joyceorrell@gmail.com. Hugs to all of you and I am looking forward to the day we all meet again! Joyce Orrell

  5. Awesome, Awesome on the milestone of Jason going to visit his family in the Fisher House and the trip to the galley.

    God Bless Joyce Orrell and it is great to know there are people at Balboa awaiting your arrival to assist you.

    And George, Stacy and Jackie are the cutest little girls!

    Denise Edwards


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014