October 9, 2011

Well, today is going to be a relatively short posting, as not much happened today, and there really isn't a bunch to report. We had a few visitors, though they were all people who have been by before, so it was good to see them. The Marine Mom's (Katie) came by to let us know they were serving lunch down at the staff lounge. She told us all about her trip out to California and what a great time she had. She was down at Balboa, where Jason is planning on going, and she said we are going to really enjoy it there. Mark, one of Jason's EOD buddies (sorry I don't remember his last name) also came by and visited with Jason. Actually he came in at the same time Katie did, so when Katie and I walked back down to the lounge Mark stayed and visited with Jason. He was still there when I got back with the food (sandwiches) and excused himself as I walked in. He said he didn't want to interrupt Jason's lunch, and he is right, it would have delayed Jason eating, so I truly appreciate his recognition of the need for Jason to eat.

Actually, prior to Katie and Mark showing up, Jason and I were playing electronic Battleship. It was kind of fun, as we had never played a computerized version of the game in the past. We had gotten about half way through when the visitors showed up, and we didn't think too much about it, but one of the "features" of the game is that if you don't interact with the game for a certain amount of time it goes to pause, then shuts off it you still don't use it. We didn't know this at the time, so we'll never know who would have won that game. I suspect Jason would as he was using a better strategy than me, but that's okay, I'll take a tie... ;-)

The last visitor we had was Melisa Jarboe, whoes husband, Jamie was also injured in Afghanistan, is now at Johns Hopkins Hospital, because of the special care he needs. Melisa, during her first 3 or 4 months at Bethesda got to know Linda and I and she would come around when she needed someone to talk to. Because they are in a different location now she doesn't get to see us as often so when she had to come back to Bethesda she wanted to stop by, and I think Jason appreciated the visit. She and her brother stayed for about 20 minutes and then went on to visit others. She asked me to say, "Hi" to Linda.

The rest of the day was spent either sleeping or watching football. Typically Jason watches Cartoons or Animal Planet. I was in the mood to watch something different, and I knew there were games going. I really didn't care who was playing (thought I would have been happier watching the 49er's - it wasn't showing out here). Jason really isn't much of a sports fan, at least not as much as I am, so after the half time he fell asleep and slept for a couple of hours. I think it was as much a need for his system to rest, as it was boredom of the game. We were watching because he knew I wanted to... He lets Dad choose sometimes. Anyway, that was the day and tomorrow I promised to be over there early, so I need to get to bed and get some sleep. Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of the blog, and don't forget, I will be changing the name to SSgt Jason Ross next week.

Thank you, for all your support and prayers.


  1. So glad Melissa could visit! Been praying for her and Jamie for a while now.
    Know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
    Psalms 86:5-7 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014