January 12, 2012

An interesting little anecdote, about today's date. The military way of righting it is 12 January 2012, or 1212012... Not much, but I thought it was interesting.

Jason had a pretty good day with getting all his appointments in, and establishing a regular appointment schedule with PT. Previously he did not have any time set for going to physical therapy, and I wondered about that. It was all cleared up today, and now it will be 13:00 with PT and 14:00 with OT (that's 1pm and 2pm). We had an early appointment today with the prosthetic team, and it was determined that there is nothing they can do right now, and still be able to keep Jason comfortable. We will be coming back every two weeks, and letting them see what kind of progress has been made in his continued wound healing, and apparently Jason is one of those guys that all of the top folks want to be a part of his treatment. At one point there were five other medical professionals (I honestly don't know if they were all doctors or not) in the room, and they were all talking about the challenges that they see with helping Jason to progress. Some times I have to keep reminding them that they are talking about a person, as well as a challenge, and I will tell them that they are going about something wrong, if I see that happening.

We found out today why Jason hasn't gotten his wheelchair. Apparently there were too many modifications required, and when the final product was presented, it wasn't useable. Jason will be meeting with to order a "new" chair, though I am just a little disappointed that we still haven't heard from him. I called him this afternoon, and asked him to call either Jason, or me, so we could get something set up, and no returned call, yet.

Linda (wife) will be coming down tomorrow, so I am soooo looking forward to that. When we were in Maryland it seemed that I was with Linda frequently. Now that we are back in California I don't seem to see her very often, or at least not as often as I would like. The good thing is that I am now talking with the support team, who is supposed to be helping to identify someone who will be able to provide support and help for Jason, and giving me a bit of a rest, from time to time. Actually, it isn't so much a rest as it is a chance for me to get back home once in a while.

Tomorrow Jason has an appointment with PT, and that isn't until the afternoon, so he will be able to spend some time with Mom in the morning. She is taking an early flight, and will be getting here close to 08:00. Otherwise, we are looking forward to a fun long weekend with Jason and his girls. We might go to the Zoo or Sea World and act a little like tourists. The great part is that Jason and his family get to go into both places for free. Stay tuned to the blog to see what happens.

Thank you, all for your continued support and prayers. We still have some challenges ahead of us, though I believe none of those will stop Jason at any point.

Comments

  1. Hurray! You are back :) Darn, darn, darn, about the chair!! Curveball. Well, I hope that they can come up with something that is awesome!! MIT, maybe they can invent something. Sounds like some divine intervention is needed here.

    So great that you are going to figure out the respite for yourself!!

    Just got back from Linda's place. I brought her dinner and some lemons to bring down tomorrow. Have a GREAT reunion this weekend. Need some updated pics. Give the little gals a kiss from me! Give Jason one too :)

    All my best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    PS Still praying for continued healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your wife's coming down! That has to be so very hard! And it's good that you'll be able to go home now and then soon!
    Lifting up prayers right now!
    Psalm 91:1-2, 4: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust...He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018