January 18, 2012

Folks, not sure what is going on, bur for the past 30 minutes I've been attempting to get pictures attached and all that happens is a spinning dial. I will try again tomorrow, when I have a little more time. Right now I need to get this done and then get to bed.

Jason only had one appointment today, and that was with PT. Actually the appointment was on a verbal request by the therapist to come in at 13:00 (1pm), and then they were going to do some strengthening things. As it turned out, when we got there Jason was starting to feel a little uncomfortable, and some of his dressings had shifted, as they will from time to time. Anyway, I fixed his dressings, and worked with Dawn, the therapist, to get some appointments set up for Jason, and then we went home. I also made a quick run over to the pharmacy, but that didn't take long, so it didn't have any impact on Jason's overall schedule. We are still working with the facilities guys, and they are making some modifications to the house, so all is good. Also the trapezes have been ordered, and should be here by the end of next week. Once they are installed life will be much easier for Jason, getting in and out of bed, and in and out of the shower.

Jason road in his new power chair today, as we went over and checked the mail this morning. Van suggested that his first time in the chair be about 20 minutes, and then each day after that extend that amount of time by another 20 minutes or so. Jason didn't particularly like the new seat and thinks that it had some impact on why he was uncomfortable at PT today (he got in the chair before going to PT this morning). He also said he may have selected the wrong shorts, as they were a bit more silky and kind of slipped and would slide a bit on the new seat. I will give him a different pair of shorts and see if that helps tomorrow. The rest of the day was spent trying to recover from the ride, or at least it seems that way.

Otherwise, once we got back home Jason rested for a while and then got back up and we had dinner. He said he felt better, but still very sensitive to pressure and just generally uncomfortable. His spirits are up and still able to tell jokes and smile, so things are still on a positive.

Thanks, for all your continued support and prayers.


  1. It seems like it is bound to take some time for his body to get used to the new seat. He probably had pressure on different parts of his body which could have impact on his spine too. Hopefully he can adjust to it. Maybe a seat with the same material as his bed would work? Anyway, I'm still praying for some relief with the chair for him, God Bless him for going for it and trying. Looking forward to the new pics when the computer decides to work right.

    Have a good day tomorrow you guys!

    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

  2. Thanks for trying to post the pics. So the new chair might not be as good as you'd hoped or will it just take longer to get used to it?
    Always lifting up prayer!
    Romans 5:4-6 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014