January 3, 2012

Not the best of days for Jason, as his HO (I think) is starting bother him again. We will be talking with the doctor tomorrow and see if there is something that we can do to make him more comfortable while we wait for his custom seat. The wounds themselves are looking better all the time, and we went in to see the nurse practitioner, and she felt that everything was coming along well. The funny part is that now when we go in I effectively do all the work with the wound care, because I know how to touch, as well as where to touch safely. The medical staff is sometimes less than caring, and I guess I really can't blame them too much. Most of the corpsmen joined with the idea that they would be out in the field "in the action" and when they get placed in a medical office or hospital they get bored. Over the course of these past 10 months I have had the opportunity to work with some who have been absolutely outstanding and others I hope we never see again. Fortunately, the latter is a MUCH smaller list.

We've gotten to know one of the chaplains these past few days, and he has been a great help with getting some things done. Funny part is that he is actually a patient here as well (neck injury). Like today, Jason and I had to go to the nurse practitioner, and we had the girls with us. Mike was also there, and he said he would be happy to watch the girls while Jason and I were in the procedure room. The girls already know him so it was a great fit. Jason and I will probably end up making a visit to his church, as soon as Jason is up for that type setting. I'd like to get back to going regularly again, as it has been too long since our last visit.

I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a much better day for Jason, and I think it will be, though if it is not we'll simply take it as another step in the journey. Thank you all for all your support and prayers, it continues to amaze me how strong you all have been for Jason and all of his family.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear the HO is bothering him still. I hope that there is something that they can do for that in the long run. It seems like it is taking forever for the new seat to get there, 6 weeks seems like 6 months.

    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

    We'll be helping Miss Linda this weekend move some boxes. Glad to hear of the respite for George. Jason, we're here for you. Anything specific that you need let me know. I'm your same blood type if you'd like me to donate for you down there. Give those little girls a kiss from their "Aunt Karen".

    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends
    Still Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will continue to be strong in thoughts and prayers for Jason and all of his family.
    Blessings as Always,
    Paula Gentile, friend of Carol and Tom Hall, from Pasadena, Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  3. We send our concern and prayers for Jason and the entire family. Hope today IS a better day and that Jason will get some relief from his discomfort. Best wishes for a Healthier, Happier New Year.
    Tom and Carol Hall from Pasadena, Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully today was MUCH better! Please let Jason know how much we admire him. He continues to find the positivity in every situation and that is truly a gift!
    Stay strong, friends!

    All the best from your friends at Diamond Learning Center

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of how far Jason has come and all of the wonderful family and friends he has. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018