January 13, 2012

Today was a busy day, in fact probably one of the busiest we have had. It began as a pretty fast paced day, with Linda coming in on an early flight. I had made arrangements for the girls to stay with a neighbor friend (they have two little girls at the same ages so they enjoy going there), so it was just Jason and I to go pick up Linda (a.k.a. Mom). As it turned out, it was a good thing the girls were having a play date with their friends, because the day went into overdrive a short while after leaving the airport.

First we went to breakfast. Jason and I were both hungry, and so was Linda. Breakfast was pretty relaxed and then we were off to the hospital. The first appointment wasn't until a little later, so that allowed Jason to take care of some other things - or at least that was what he was thinking. First he was greeted by Christie, from Bethesda, the first OT person he worked with, and the young lady who was captured in that famous drawing of him, while she worked on his hand. He was very happy to see her, and she him, though the meeting was relatively short, as she had other folks she needed to see. Then a little while after that I received a call from George's support worker (George is my oldest son). While he was at work something happened at work and George was obviously having difficulties. They had to rush him to Kaiser emergency, and I wasn't getting a great amount of detail as to what was going on. The real challenge is that Linda was now with me so we had to find someone else to be with him.

Fortunately, I was able to get in touch with Joyce (my sister-in-law), and asked her if she could go check on George. The best part is that Joyce is a nurse with Kaiser, so she knows the workings better than the average person. She stayed with him for several hours, until the all clear, then took him home to her and Larry's (her husband, that's Uncle Larry and Aunt Joyce) place. From what I understand they don't know exactly what caused the problem, so they wanted to do some tests to see if they could figure it out. Up to right now I don't know what exactly happened, just that George is feeling much better now, and anxious to go home. I'll probably have an update for tomorrow.

While all the excitement for George was going on Jason and I had other appointments we needed to keep. On top of that Jason was feeling uncomfortable a little more than normal. One of the last meetings we had was with the operational folks and it looks like we finally have all the operational stuff lined up like it should be; all of Jason's treatments are what and where they should be; the girls are going to be getting enrolled in day care; and his wheelchair just might be delivered next week, though that last one I take with a grain of salt.

When we got back to the house Jason laid down, as did Mom, and they both took naps, for a little while. I played with the girls and started to get things ready for dinner. We still have a bunch of left overs that we will probably be able to eat our way through, though I think there might be more than we can handle. there was some cleaning accomplished and Linda helped with getting the girls fed, and everyone was back in bed, and I was able to blog. I think tomorrow is going to be a little more relaxed, so I might not have a bunch to put in to the blog, but that's okay, because today made up for it already.

Thank you, all for all your support and continued prayers. Please include George in your prayers, as it would be nice for him to be able to get back to work with little or no problems.


  1. Praying for George and the rest of the Ross clan. So happy Linda's back.
    God bless you all.
    Paula Gentile, friend of Carol and Tom Hall, from Pasadena ,Maryland.

  2. First I have to say Hello Linda! How wonderful for you that you get to be with your family again in San Diego. Hope you all can enjoy the days you have together, I know you must be *smiling*.

    Prayers for George. I pray that he is on the mend and able to return to work soon. Enjoy your day Ross Family!

  3. George, Your blog has been so informative. I am encouraged that jason has such a strong presence in his life for recovery-YOU. I am also impressed with how the Marines have worked so hard for a good outcome for Jason. Keep up the good work. Prayers are with you. Mary Goldsmith

  4. Forgot to say hello to Linda. I enjoyed the day care kids yesterday and everything went well.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014