January 26, 2012

Today was a strange day for me. I had gotten totally used to having Jason here with me and now I'm driving in to visit with him at the hospital again. I have to get the house in order, before I leave in the morning (not much of a chore right now), and also get the dog taken care of, food and water, that sort of thing (somewhat of a bigger chore). Then I head on over to the hospital.

Today I went over and saw Jason, in his room, and I happened to get there right after another of his pain episodes. Fortunately the medical team was right there and they were able to get it under control pretty quickly. Then after talking with Jason, he told me that last night they weren't quite so quick in getting it back under control. I know there are some new people watching over him on the floor, due to turn over and such, but I do wish they'd listen to him when he starts telling them what he needs. He is having to reeducate them, and thus making it a little more drawn out, when it comes to them learning what his tolerance levels are. They must have figured it out because he was feeling better when I arrived.

He had some visitors today, eight Sergeant Majors came in to visit him. It actually happened in two groups, but they both stayed and spoke with Jason, and he very much appreciated it. As it turned out, one of them was a former member of 2nd EOD Company, out of Camp Lejeune, though it was a couple of years before Jason got there. They still knew some common folks so they tended to talk a little more. The funny part was that I even knew one of the guys he mentioned. There are going to be other visitors over the next few days, so again he will be able to talk to some different people.

One of the things that is happening, or perhaps already happened, is the specialty bed. When Jason was brought in he was placed on a regular hospital bed, and he was relatively comfortable (I guess after laying on an ER "bed" for several hours almost any bed feels much better). The Wound Care people came in and said they wanted him on a specialty bed, and it was supposed to have arrived while I was there. I didn't see it, but was told he was going to be changed out soon, whenever that happens to be. He needs the different bed so there can be a continual motion on his wound area. They have also started a new treatment on the larger wound area, so I may be doing something different when he does get back home. We're looking at him coming back to the house this weekend sometime, so it could be Saturday or Sunday - I'm hoping for Saturday.

Tomorrow will be another day of running back and forth between the house and the hospital, as I don't want to leave the dog alone too long. I have some names of groups where we can place the dog for training, and even for adoption if that is what we have to do. Jason isn't too happy about this, but I think he realizes that it needs to be done.

Thank you, all for your continued prayers and support. I'm kind of tired right now, and I think I'm going to be going to bed in a short while.

Comments

  1. Hope Jason's home soon!!!!!!!!!!!
    Christ went through all this for us, that we might have hope! Praying for you right now!!!
    Isaiah 53:7-10: He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018