November 25, 2011 -

Today was a day of mild activity and more family visits for Jason. We started by going over to the hospital and finding out that he had already gone down to work with OT, over at C5. With that little tidbit of knowledge we (Mom, George, David, Miriam, Dylan and me) all headed over to see what was going on. There were some conditioning things OT was doing with his arms, and then the focus went to his hands, and wanting to get them stronger. As it was, it was the perfect things to be doing because Dylan wanted to help Uncle Jason. It was great watching Dylan put the pieces of wood in place so that Jason could use the tool to pick them up and place them back in the container. I think Jason would have rather just used his hands to pick up the wooden blocks, but then they wouldn't have given him any of the exercise that was intended. Jason was able to get through all the blocks (or pegs, if you like) and he got a good work out of his right hand. Along the way we got a bunch of pictures and we may have gotten our first video to be posted on the blog (won't get posted until tomorrow, at the soonest). The session took a little over an hour, and because of the need for the dressing change there was no PT today.

Once we got back to his room we got things ready for him to have his dressing changed out. The wounds are looking better, though there is still some areas that need to get in better shape. Talking with the wound care nurse, she told me that they wanted to place more treatment on the open areas, because they are being so stubborn, and I am glad to hear that. I'm also going to be asking Jason to get a little more aggressive with the use of the prone cart, as that should help with the healing as well.

Not much else going on today. David, Miriam and Dylan had to head back home this afternoon, and Linda and George will be doing the same tomorrow. Tonight we had dinner with Jason, and watched a couple of silly movies, and also finally did some catching up on some mail that arrived recently. Mom read it to Jason, and when there was something to show, she would show it to all of us. Jason agreed that he needs to write some letters to these folks, as he doesn't want them to think he is being rude, and doesn't care. Its just that writing isn't something he does well right now and he wants to do the writing, rather than dictating it to me.

Thank you, to everyone for all their continued support and continued prayers. They are very much appreciated.

Comments

  1. Know that I'm still here praying!
    Psalms 62:7-8 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying!
    Lamentations 3:21-25 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)