November 23, 2011

Jason was fitted for his new seat today, and that should be a major step towards being able to really get into his rehab.

We went over to see him this morning and we brought George (III) with us this time. George came in last night, quite late (he must have been on the last flight in for Southwest), so needless to say he got to bed late too. Funny thing is, he is very much like me when it comes to sleeping. I get to bed late and still wake up early, and so does George. I had just gotten out of bed this morning when he called me and wanted to know when we were coming over to pick him up... He wanted to go see Jason!

I told him that Mom and I had to still get up and get dressed, and then we'd be over. When we got to the hotel he was waiting outside, so we basically just stopped to let him get in and then we were off. As it turned out, Jason had already gone to PT and was just getting back when we got there. Fortunately I had told Jason that we would probably be a little late, since I knew we had to go pick up George and that would add significant time to our regular schedule.

As I said, the main thing that was done with PT was the creation of the seat, and that took most of the time and energy for Jason. The only concern is that it could take up to six weeks to get it back. There were some challenges with creating it, and we knew there would be, so we'll see what they are able to do. If all goes well, and we hope everything does, this should also allow for a more effective prosthetic for Jason, and perhaps they would be able to create that device a little more quickly.

The rest of the afternoon we spent with Jason, and we all had a very nice lunch in his room. The food was brought in by one of the groups supporting the wounded warriors and their families, so we were all very appreciative of all that was brought in. Tomorrow is going to be another good day for getting food, and we will probably get much more than we did today. Jason is going to be going to a restaurant with us and then after, we are all coming back to the Fisher House to have more food. We might even get a chance to watch some football - The 49ers are playing the Ravens, and it should be a good game.

There is much to be thankful for, and we are so happy that we get a chance to be here with Jason, and the rest of the family that is here. Thank you, all for all you do and for all your concerns and support, and especially for the prayers.

Comments

  1. The older I get, the more thankful I am for each day I spend with my children and family. We are glad that you are together too. We are thinking of you...Jason, George, Linda and Bridget. And our prayers, always. Enjoy your restaurant meal and football!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful for your family and the huge sacrifice you're making daily. Thankful that I can be here praying for you!
    Psalms 62:5-6 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Ross Clan!

    Joe & Terry Ayres

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason - I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am very thankful that our paths have crossed and that you are going to be spending time with your family.

    Today I wish you joy. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

    Katie a Marine Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, Jason. As we think of the many things we have to be thankful for, the list isn't complete without you. You have been, and continue to be, an inspiration to us all. I know you are surrounded by loved ones as you celebrate Thanksgiving today. Remember there are many of us, though we are too far away to stop by and say, "Hi", that care about you and are proud of you. Praying that you and your family will transition quickly and smoothly into your new home.
    Donnamarie and Nick Fuller

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)