November 16, 2011

Today was a very busy day for us, again. At least the first part of the day was. Jason and I had breakfast, early this morning, and then within a few moments of us finishing eating we began to get ready to go to PT. Actually there were a few medical interrupts that needed to be taken care of first, and then Jason started to get dressed. It is very rewarding to see him nearly dress himself now, with only minor assists from me, and he does it very quickly. The doctors have requested that Jason lay prone more, so we took his prone cart to PT. The cool part was how he was so easily able to slide (transfer) from his bed to the cart, and even better was that he has now also figured out how to get back from the cart, into bed. This is way cool...

Jason worked with his physical therapist for most of the time at C5, and then spent a little time with the occupational therapist. Again, he worked on strengthening his body, with a emphasis on his back and arms. The OT work was more on getting the flexibility of his hands to a level that they are happy with. All total, he was working for nearly two hours at the gym, and that is the longest he has been able to go so far. After the gym we went outside to the "fair" in the courtyard, where we were able to see some of the activities and opportunities available to the wounded warriors. We actually saw some folks we know, and I took a few pictures, then Jason needed to get back to his room.

It was now time for lunch, and actually, it was a little late, but we hadn't eaten yet, so we could still call it lunch. Jason's lunch was brought up (they were holding it since he had gone) and then I took off to get myself something to eat. I came back over to the Fisher House and fixed some lunch for Linda and I. I was back over to see Jason a little later and he and I talked more about what he was thinking was going to be his new life here initially and then later on once he has moved on, past rehab work. It was kind of nice just talking with him and just letting the ideas flow. We also talked about other important stuff like how well his shaver was working, and the battery life of his tooth brush.

Thank you, all for our continued support and prayers, and please keep all those who are struggling with challenges in your thoughts as well.

Comments

  1. What a blessing to be talking about the future!
    Continuing to pray!
    Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)