November 9, 2011

Today was a pretty good day. The weather here is nice - not too warm and not too cold. I generally go out with a lite jacket (more a windbreaker actually) and then I'll just wear it most of the day, kind of loosely. I'm still wearing shorts most often, though I will wear my jeans if I think there is a need, and then finally I wear tennis shoes, as I really don't have anything else to wear on my feet. Okay, I didn't mean to start out with a wardrobe discussion, but that's what came out first. So, how is Jason doing?

Jason started the morning with his breakfast as usual, and then we just sort of sat around and talk about anything that came to mind, and watch whatever he is watching on T.V. Sometimes we both just sort of sit back and will take a cat nap, as we wait for the PT folks to come in. Today sort of turned into one of those days. Jason is no longer taking his pain meds via the I.V., and the nurse came in and said she was asked to give him one of the meds an hour before he was to go to PT. Well, as you might predict, the meds worked wonderfully, and Jason fell asleep. The physical therapist came in and asked me to wake him up in a short while so he could go to the gym, and then quickly left. I think she wanted me to wake him so she didn't have to. Well, I did wake him and helped him to get ready, then we went down to the gym first, again to work on balance, then onto the bigger C5 gym. The C5 gym isn't quite as large as the one at Bethesda, but it does have more out door things for the guys to use, AND a pool. Jason stayed there for a while then back to his room.

That was pretty much the big activity for the day, and there were no visitors other than Mom and I, and of course the medical staff. We did get a call from Katie, our niece, and she and her husband are going to be coming for a visit. Jason is looking forward to it, as he hasn't see Katie in a long while, and Jake (her husband) is also a physical therapist, and since Jason spends most of his time with those types they should have lots to talk about. Actually, Linda and I will be glad to get a chance to see Katie and Jake too.

Not much else going on tonight, other than the fact that I did find the closest Taco Bell tonight... ;-) I'm going to be attempting to get these posts out a little earlier from now on, so that those of you who wait to see what is happening don't have to wait so long. Though, I do thank you, for continuing to follow.

Thank you, for all your prayers and continued support.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you are settled in and today was smooth sailing. Enjoy your family coming in too. We're praying for continued healing of wounds and that Jason gets stronger every day. Those pain meds sound strong!! Hopefully, as time goes on he won't need them as much, wouldn't that be great. Oh, I bet the pool will be relaxing for Jason taking the pressure off his body. It sounds like they are taking good care of him. Looking forward to our visit. I got a kick that you found Taco Bell!!

    I heard an advertisement on the radio today about Fisher House and how donations are used. Wonderful that they are there helping all the families. Hopefully we can donate to them.

    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good timing heading to San Diego. It's a great place to be in the winter!
    Know that I'm praying!
    Psalms 118:14-16 The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Staff Sgt Ross and all Marines reading this blog. Today at work we had a nice traditional celebration with a cake to honor our Marine staff. As I learned Marine Corps policy now mandates that the first piece of cake must be presented to the oldest U.S. Marine present and the second piece goes to the youngest Marine. We also had a solemn reading of the Commandant's birthday message to the Corps. Happy 236th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Marine. I have have been reading every day and the news is alway good.

    Happy Veterans Day on Friday and once againt thank you and your family for sacrifice to all Americans and a great nation.

    You are awesome!!

    Denise Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Veterans Day tomorrow George and thank you Jason for everything you have done for our country.

    God bless,

    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have such amazing eyewitness testimony of Jesus! No matter what happens, in Him you can still have joy! Praying!
    1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  7. On this Veterans Day, Jason I want to say thank you for serving!! It takes a special kind of person to join the Marines to fight for the freedoms we have today. You are that special kind of person!! God bless you Jason and again my most heartfelt thanks ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)