November 28, 2011

First, apologies for the late post. It has been a very busy day for Jason and I, and I am still not done. The down side is that tomorrow is going to be another busy day, and I need to get up early, or as early as I can.

Jason had OT this morning with Lynn, and she spent a little over an hour with him, working on all kinds of different exercises and skills. I got over to see Jason, and effectively watched him finish his breakfast. We then talked for about 30 minutes, and then he needed to get ready to head over to the gym. Lynn wanted him to stay up on the floor, and use the smaller gym, to save some time, and make it easier for Jason to get to and from the gym. Once Jason was done Michelle (PT) came in and worked him for another 45 minutes, to the point that he was very tired. Jason was still demonstrating his determination of healing and getting as much of his life back as he can, so he puts his all into everything he does. Once he was back in his bed it was getting close to lunch for him, and I knew he would be going to sleep. Well, I had a couple of personal things I needed to take care of, so I told him I'd be back in a short while.

When I came back he was sitting up in his bed, playing his video game and just relaxing. I asked him if there had been any visitors, and he said only the YMCA came by, and otherwise there was no one. I was actually glad to hear this, as I was gone longer than I wanted (almost 3 hours) and I like to monitor his visitors, so that he doesn't get over worked. Dinner came and I guess they did a great job of getting it right this time, as he was pretty happy with what he got. I asked him if he would like to watch that final movie (the Pirates of The Caribbean movie) and he said he would. Problem with that one though was that about 20 minutes into the movie he started experiencing lots of different "hot-spots", as Jason likes to call them, along with phantom pain. Bottom line is that they had to give Jason some pain meds and he needed to lay flat, so that meant the movie would have to wait until tomorrow. I hung around until I was sure he was comfortable and then came back over to the Fisher House, as I had laundry to do anyway. I just finished the laundry a few moments ago, and that's why I have a late entry, so sorry to all those who wait up to see this.

Tomorrow should be another busy day, but not as busy as today... I hope, and besides the laundry is done... ;-) Thank you, for all your continued support and all the prayers for Jason and all the others who are in need.

Comments

  1. Can't even imagine what phantom pain would feel like. Praying so that it goes away or at least can be kept well under control!
    Psalms 34:4, 6-7 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. (6-7) This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the movie triggered the phantom pain? Maybe Jason was just over tired and that triggered it? I will pray for Jason before I sleep tonight that his pain is taken away. Jason has come so far yet the road is long. He is my hero. Prayer warriors are still here for him.

    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason,I hope you have a better day today free of pain. You and everyone are in my continued thoughts and prayers. Thanks for your tireless
    efforts with the blog, George. I look forward to reading it everyday.
    Blessings,
    Paula Gentile, friend of Carol and Tom Hall, from Pasadena, Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a better day today and your pain is more managable. Try to get some rest somewhere in the mix of the day! Blessing to you all!
    Your Friends at DLC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jason and George - I appreciate reading how your days are going no matter what time you get a chance to post something. Reading that you are having both OT and PT on the same day is very astonishing, just speaks volumes about your fortitude and drive. Wish that phantom pain would not sneak up on ya, but glad you can get some relief from it when it does happen. :-)

    Katie a Marine Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear George,

    At various scouting events scouters have asked about you and Jason. They wanted you to know that your scouter friends care about you and are keeping you in their thoughts and prayers. I did share this blog address but am not sure how computer literate they are. If they don't reach out I wanted you to know that your friends are keeping good thoughts for you. Donnamarie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)