November 13, 2011

Wow! What an interesting day. I got up at a little before 06:00 this morning and decided that I would still like to have some oatmeal for breakfast. Sounds great except we don't have any that I can cook, and the galley isn't open. IDEA! I'll go to the store and just pick some up, and then cook it. So the first thing I do is head off to find a Cinnabon, to get some rolls for Jason. He has been asking for them for several weeks now, and all that I have been able to pick up is those that come from different stores. I want to get him some Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. Well, my GPS takes me on this tour and gets me to a place on Broadway, and tells me "You have arrived." I don't see anything, so I park the car and decide to get out on foot and look around. It only takes me about 10 minutes to find the Cinnabon, AND THEY'RE CLOSED! It just didn't occur to me that businesses don't open that early. Well, at least I know where it is now.

So now I hope back in to the car and head off for Albertson's Grocery store. My GPS says there is one just up the street and around the corner. Yeah, you guessed it, it wasn't there. When I made it to the address there was this large open lot, surrounded by a chain-link fence and on the other side of the street was a large empty looking warehouse. So I punched in the store again and recognized an address over on University and went there. All toll it took me almost two hours to obtain a container of oatmeal. I also managed to get another 1/2 gal. of milk and some butter. BTW - I did fix the oatmeal for breakfast anyway.

Jason and I did get out of his bed today and I was really nice being able to help him in only a small way, and he doing all the rest to get into his chair. The nurse happened to come in to his room while he was getting ready to go, so she stay until he was in the chair and made a comment about how strong he had become and that it was very impressive watching him get into the chair on his own. She also made a comment about the 49er - Giants' game today. I just said, "Niners are going to win." and she said, "No way!"... I was right... ;-)

Jason and I had a nice conversation while we were out and most of it is private, though he did talk about wanting to begin working on transfers from his chair to a car this next week, so we will begin working on that either tomorrow or Tuesday. He will be getting a dressing change, and I will do my best to be a part of it. I like to get a first hand view of how his wounds are doing, instead of just listening to the doctors or nurses tell me that he is looking better. He IS looking better, but when I see it for myself I feel much better.

Linda and I spent most of the afternoon with him, in his room. There were no other visitors this weekend. Actually, I think Jason is starting to get to the point where he would like to go do the visiting, and get out of his room more. This is a good thing, and it shows progress. However, if you want to come visit he won't shut the door on you. He did receive a phone call from Bridgette today (actually a couple of them) and got to talk with the girls. It looks like Bridgette is going to be able to get out here before Christmas, and then they can have a family Christmas together. We're all excited about everything coming together. It has been a long road for all of them.

Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers. We are getting to that time of year when folks think more about what they are thankful for, and we have so much to give thanks for, that we sometimes forget others are still in pain. Please keep all of them in your prayers and in your hearts.

Comments

  1. Wonder how often they update those GPS things. You'd think it would be pretty often!
    Here praying as always!
    Psalms 18:28-30 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. God continues to be with you!!!!
    Paula Gentile, friend of Carol and Tom Hall
    Pasadena, Maryland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)