November 19, 2011

Today was another Saturday, much like last Saturday. Got up and had breakfast; talked a little and then went on to PT, weekend PT that is. The philosophy (I think) is to be sure that Jason gets a chance to do something, other than just lay around in his bed. This is fine, except that the PT person brought in to work with Jason is unaware of what Jason's needs are, and so far they have not taken the time to really familiarize themselves with Jason's file, or what really should be worked on. Don't get me wrong, the weekend team is trying to do what's right for Jason, and at no time is Jason in any danger of being injured, its just that the same basic questions get asked, and it feels like we just go round and round, over the same material. Jason is cooperative, and goes through the exercises, mostly because its something to do, and the sessions don't last much longer than 30 - 45 minutes anyway. And that's how we started the day today.

Instead of going back to his room Jason and I just continued on down the hall to the elevators, and then we went outside. It was relatively nice, and we didn't go anywhere in particular, just stayed down in the courtyard area. We also went over to the Red Box, to see what, if any new DVDs were out, and we didn't see any from the last time we checked it out, besides, neither of us had our wallet with us. It was just a goof-off kind of day, and that's what we did. When we were finished we came back up to the room.

Jason and I talked about nothing, but it was good just to talk. Mostly it was about the dumb stuff we were seeing on T.V., and wondered who came up with this stuff. It was just about time for his lunch and I asked him if he would like to have anything special, and he said, "sure." With that I offered to go get him a milkshake, and this time it was coming from Baskin Robins. Linda and I went out and found one of their ice cream shops and I ordered a milkshake for him and me, and Linda had a double scoop of rocky-road ice cream.

Not much else happened today, as we had dinner, and then a short while later we came back to the Fisher House. Because of the similarities of the days, I am thinking that I might begin to cut back on my blog posts, unless something else happens on the weekend, and only post during the week. Let me know your thoughts on this...

Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers for Jason, and please keep in mind all those who have placed themselves in harms way, so we can live the lives we do.

Comments

  1. Hi Jason, Linda and George

    Do you have wifi in the rooms there like Bethesda? I wondered about that. It's good to read that you are getting outside to be in that So Cal weather. The Moms were up at Bethesda the other weekend, miss you all, hope a house comes up for you soon Jason.

    Remembering all who are injured and recovering and those still sighting for our freedom always.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. George,
    I would certainly miss your blogs if you decide not to do them on the weekends. I'm always interested in hearing about Jasons's progress
    Thank-you for keeping us informed. You are all
    in my continued prayers.
    Paula Gentile, Pasadena, Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  3. George- I read the blog every day- even if I don't comment. But I also understand if part of things feeling like a new normal is to write a little less often. Hugs to you all...sometimes not too much to report is a good thing. I am so glad that the healing and strength training continues.
    Love Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. George,
    I feel the same as Carol! Your blog helps our Students stay in touch with Jason and makes them feel connected! You're doing a great thing!
    Please pass along that the Students are concerned about what Jason is doing for Thanksgiving. I told them that you and Linda were there and would make it wonderful for him! They just care so much!
    Bless you from all of us here at DLC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)