November 6, 2011

Today was a little different for Jason, as it even started a bit different from the very beginning. David and Miriam came over with their son, Dylan, and as usual he was excited to see his Uncle Jason (a.k.a. Uncle Cookie). They visited for a little while and then left to take Dylan to the San Diego Zoo. From what they told us, and from Dylan's reaction, it was a pretty exciting time. A short while after they left we found out that the folks from physical therapy wanted to get a chance for Jason to come down and do some work at the gym. I think it caught Jason a little by surprise, a good surprise, but a surprise none-the-less. He never got the chance to go to the gym on Sunday, while in Bethesda.

Well, because of the pending visit to the gym, he needed to get some of his work out cloths on, and both Mom and I were there, so we helped him get dressed. This was a first for Mom, and I think it was pretty exciting for her, to be able to help Jason. Well, Jason left for PT and both Linda (Mom) and I also left, so we could take care of some errands. When we got back Jason was in his room just kicking back and watching the National Geographic channel. We talked for a little bit, and then some other guests came by, Russ, Chris and Craig Greenlaw, from Livermore. Well, Craig now lives down here in Southern California with his wife and son, but we'll always say he is from Livermore. While that visit was going on, another visitor came by, that had actually seen Jason back in Bethesda. It was the Assistant Commandant of the Marines, General Joseph Dunford, Jr. Jason was happy to see him again, and I think Russ was particularly impressed with the level of visitors that come by to see Jason. The conversation eventually turned to Scouting and when it did the General seemed to want to extend his visit with Jason. All around it was a very good conversation and visit.

The rest of the day was spent just relaxing and watching T.V. and Linda and I taking care of a few other chores we still needed to get done. It was a rainy day, so that made the running around all the more fun. We now have all the things we need to make our stay as comfortable as possible, that is, until we find out we forgot to buy something... of course that's not going to happen --- Right! Next week should be a productive week for Jason, now that we have gotten a little more settled in and the medical staff is beginning to learn Jason's likes (and dislikes).

Thank you, all for all your support and continued prayers. Jason is getting better and stronger everyday, and the few that have actually seen Jason at the various stages all comment on how good he is looking now. I can hardly wait to see how well he does over these next few weeks.

Comments

  1. Work's starting already, huh?
    Praying so right now!
    Psalms 71:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Jason, Linda & George! Just wanted to pop on by for a quick "Hi!" Hoping the weather gets a bit more cooperative for you guys- might help for an outing!
    Curious, do yo guys need anything? Miss anything that might make your stay more comfortable? Just let us know!
    Sending you continued healing prayers, Jason! Stay strong and remember, you are in our thoughts and prayers!
    <3 Your Friends at Diamond Learning Center

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are sounding great as you settle in to San Diego. I'd love to have you guys over or come you way soon...or both. Let's chat!
    -Love you guys...
    Katie and Jake

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)