February 1, 2012

Today was a much better day for Jason, and (drum roll please) HE IS SLEEPING IN HIS OWN BED AGAIN! He got to come home from the hospital tonight, and though it was after 19:00 (7pm) when we did get home, it felt very good to do so. There is still a level of concern with the infections, and they are treating them with antibiotics, with them being administered via I.V. A nurse will be coming to the house tomorrow to go over the procedure, and make sure we don't have any questions, and I got to do the disconnect and line flush in the hospital tonight. I've seen it done so many times that I am comfortable with taking care of this. Jokingly I made a comment to the nurse that I was just about all the way to corpsman, and she said, "No, you're ahead of them, as the corpsmen don't get to touch these I.V. lines." I'll be doing it daily starting on Friday, this week, with the nurse coming in and doing it tomorrow, though I guess I could be doing it tomorrow if she wants me to.

Not much else going on today, other than a wound dressing change, and that looked good, from my perspective. There is a concern that the infection has gotten in a little deeper than we thought, but Jason is feeling pretty good right now, so we're not too worried about it right now. My main job, besides the meds and stuff, is to make sure Jason doesn't stay up in his wheelchair too much. I think that was a major contributor to this latest problem.

I'll be updating more tomorrow, but for now I think I'll be calling it a day - right after I give Jason his meds. Thank you, all for all your prayers and continued support.

Comments

  1. What a marathon! I am very glad he gets to come home, that is terrific. I am confused about the wounds being infected as I thought all that was taken care of when they amputated. I do understand that they get rubbed while he sits in the chair. Now they are infected??

    Well, I'm glad that they have a plan and are trying to get these meds straightened out.

    There is a new sherrif in town and his name is Corpsman George so Mr. Jason best be listening to this wise man and take his orders.

    I am praying so for you Jason, please, please, know that so many folks are also. Continue to get well and strong. Don't give in or give up, that is an order to my hero.

    All my best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled that you're back home!
    Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 69:1-3, 13 Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God...But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jason & George!
    We are overjoyed that you are back home! We hope you enjoyed your first night in your own bed! =) The Students continue to ask about Jason and are SO happy he is out of the hospital! We continue to pray for the infection to cease and for Jason's health to be fully restored.
    Student Amy is here with me. She would like to tell you,"Hello & she misses you!"
    Student Shirley is also with me! She says,"I am so sad about your puppy dog. I hope one day you will be able to get another one."
    Thinking of you all daily-
    BIG HUGS from your friends at DLC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)