February 8, 2012

Today started out as a wonderful day and ended on a pretty good note, too. We got up and dressed, and we all decided we just wanted cereal for breakfast today. There was also apple and orange juices, but that was it. Jose, Jason's nurse arrived on time, and actually it was kind of funny. I happened to look at the clock and said, "Jose should be here any moment." And, within just a few seconds of saying that, he knocked on the door. I must be getting psychic or something... :-)

Once we finished breakfast and got all cleaned up and dressed we headed off for one of the small parks that they have here at Gateway. Jackie had a good time, though she didn't seem to know what to do; and, Stacy had a great time. She ran all around and played on the rocking horse type animals, and finally went all over the play gym. Jose ran back to the house to get a towel to dry some of the equipment off, from the rain yesterday and Stacy was very appreciative. I got some pictures and will be posting some of them tomorrow. We didn't stay as long as Stacy wanted, but we had to get going, since we had a few errands to take care of, and we didn't want to have Jason in his chair any longer than we needed.

Jason was hoping to get a new photo ID for himself, so we all went down to the barber shop, after we dropped the girls off at day care. Actually I took advantage of the fact that we were there, because I needed a haircut too (and beard trim). We headed back to the house right after that, as Jason was beginning to feel the pain coming on, from already being in the chair longer than he wanted, and longer than I wanted. We did see some of the folks we have been working with, and that was nice, since they were all happy to see us, and they all expressed that they were anxious to get working with us again, next week. I think Jason is getting anxious too.

We came back to the house and Jason laid back down. We all had lunch, and Jose even fixed lunch for Jason. I think he was just happy to have something to do, besides standing around waiting for Jason to ask for something. I think Jason is getting to be comfortable with Jose, and he is doing a good job for Jason, I think Jose wasn't prepared for Jason to be so independent.

I made rigatoni with a nice meat sauce (spaghetti sauce), and the girls loved it. It is very enjoyable sitting around the table with the girls each evening, and watching Jason help Jackie eat her dinner. He cuts up the pasta for Stacy, and then she pretty much eats on her own, whereas Jackie needs more help, otherwise she will wear it more than eat it. Sometimes she can get to be a real mess, but what the heck, she's happy. Speaking of messy, the girls had a bath tonight and again I let them play in the water, probably longer than I should have, but hey, there were still bubbles!

Shortly after the bath they put their pj's on and were in bed. From what they are telling me at the day care, they are not getting as much nap time as they have been so I suspect that to be the reason they do go to bed so easily. They manage to get up in the morning, though, so it all seems to be working out. Maybe they're just morning people, like me... ;-)

Thank you, all for the continued support and prayers. I know I've continued to ask for these prayers and support for nearly a year now, and please understand I wouldn't if it were not needed. Jason is getting better and stronger all the time. We have had a few set backs but for the most part we continue to march forward. Stay positive and keep smiling.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a fun day! Jason and his girls are so blessed to have each other, especially at this young age.

    Jason needs to rest those wounds, DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!

    Enjoy each other,
    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    PS Give Jason and the girls a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course your family still needs prayers! There's never anything wrong with asking for them!
    Always here praying!
    Psalms 40:1-4a I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust...
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason and George, you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
    Paula Gentile, friend of Carol and Tom Hall, from Pasadena,
    Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing like that great shot of a very little girl wearing her spaghetti dinner to show at the sweet 16 party...or the wedding!
    Hugs and enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)